Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: JTs may be spewing from SB

could someone explain pot equity to me because i think i missed it. i really don't see how we have enough in this hand to raise preflop OOP when the point of raising this hand in a multiway field would be in CO or Button and this simply for the fact if we flop a good board for our hand we get value, but if we don't, we can check and get a free turn card.

i guess i'm not LAGtastic enough for these boards or something....
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM

I am participating in Wookie's Challenge so bear with me.

[b]Preflop:[/Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

I do not like the raise in this spot. i do not think it is for value, or even profitable (besides the fact that you are OOP). Calling the 3-bet is a bit of a spew to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

With so many players in I decided to raise and build the pot in case I hit a draw with what could possibly be the best hand. Probably not since BB 3-bet me but he is rated a taz. Thats the only read I have other than the table is very loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though the BB may be a taz you are still OOP on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flop: (20 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

With 5 opponents I didn't mind to keep building the pot with my draw that needs to dodge a spade it seems. Is this spew??

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as outs: i think that you have maybe 6 outs. The A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] arent clean because they put three to the flush on a board that is being raised and capped by the BB.
as far as pot odds: Over 20 to 1 on the flop bet i guess i would call.
Also i am not sure you can say it is a 3 bet on the flop for value because there are a lot of hands you are behind.
All in all i say it is a chip spew.

Where am i wrong, and what points am i missing?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:33 PM

Just noticed the typo in my first reply. Does anyone value-cap preflop? If not, do you cap if one fewer limper had folded for two back to him pf?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just noticed the typo in my first reply. Does anyone value-cap preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd think seriously about it. We're very unlikely to lose anyone for one more bet. Our relative position will still usually be good post flop given the pf 3-bet out of the BB -- it usually represents quite a lot of strength unless Villain is a LAG, and either way we can often make use of Villain post flop.

If capping is wrong, I can't see it being far wrong.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:18 PM

You have just 6 clean outs, not 8 on the flop. And any spade on the turn or river will kill you. BB most probably will bet the flop for you, I just call after him. If the turn is safe, you can think about raising.

I do not raise PH.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:09 PM

Preflop: I don't mind the raise. Most of these donks have already made their mistake by coming in with a trash. Make them pay double. The 3-bet by BB wasn't so good, but since you raised, I'd cap to get a TON in there. But that's just me.

Flop: Check-raise. You have a strong draw at this point, even though you "most likely" need to avoid a spade. If you know BB is going to bet, a check-raise will get the most in the pot more often than not. By betting into the BB, you aren't going to magically drive out a flush draw facing two cold.

The way you played it, I probably don't 3-bet it though. We are on a draw afterall.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 PM

Thanks for all the thoughts on this hand. Hero slowed down on the turn and river when all I made was a busted draw.