Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2003, 05:08 PM

Default Inspections and UN are a Colossal Joke

From a NBC report about the inspectors leaving Iraq:

"There are 156 U.N. inspectors and support staff in Iraq from the International Atomic Energy Agency, which is in charge of nuclear inspections, and the U.N. Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission, which is responsible for inspecting chemical, biological and long-range missiles. "

If this number is even remotely accurate then the "inspections" are even more of a joke than can be stated with words. Even if the number were 10 times that it would still be a joke. I estimate that at least 15,000 people would be needed (including support staff) to do inspections in any sort of thorough and accurate measure in a county as large as Iraq. And especially if it was suppose to be done in "months".

How do I know? Well, I have spent 18 years working on projects that are scientifically identical in nature to what these inspectors do. We call it characterization but the technical and scientific basis for what is done is very similar. We can have scores of people working on an area that is only 20 to 100 acres in size and take a few years to come up with any well-documented conclusions about the site that can be written into a peer-review report and be supported by defensible data and evidence. This would be especially true if you are looking for chemical or biological agents. And this with “full cooperation” of the facilities involved!

Can’t go into all the details. Obviously some things are easier to find or detect, but overall; the inspections are a colossal joke.

Good thing I didn’t pay much attention to this whole business. What a waste. What a joke. What a good belly laugh I got.

The US should pull out of the UN. The UN building should be demolished or taken apart piece by piece and shipped to Switzerland where the “Joke of the world” can be reassembled, like was done with London Bridge. There the political morons of the world (sans US) can pontificate to their hearts content.

Let the War begin. It should have started much earlier.

Shalom.

-Zeno