Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Curious..for all the conservatives

Do you ever watch The Daily Show with John Stewart?
And if you do, do you find it funny?

It obviously leans liberal..as does most humor.
But given they're are just as many dumbasses in the Democratic Party as there are in the Republican Party it tends to mock both sides.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Curious..for all the conservatives

Most poeple on this forum watch the daily show and most really like it.

Personally, I would vote for stewart if he ran for president. And considering I disagree with him on a lot of things that's saying alot. He's very intelligent and honest.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:50 PM

I don't watch it. More of a sports guy.

On the occasion when I walk in on someone watching it, I have seen a few funny parts.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:11 PM

There is no show on television more likely to make me laugh than The Daily Show. It's like he doesn't even tell any jokes about what he sees...more like they just point the camera at the right moments...and then let the audience draw their own conclusions. It's a wonderful program.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:44 PM

I'm a huge republican and I love The Daily Show. I dont mind that he only mocks the republicans, I'm not watching it for the political content it's just funny. The only thing I sometimes cringe at is when a conservative is on the show talking about his book, and Stewart won't let the guy get in a word, but I usually turn the station when that part of the show comes on.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:16 PM

The only experience I saw with that was the wierd 100 people ruining America guy. And he was pretty stupid anyway.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:13 AM

there is enough humor in the show, which isn't neccesarily political in nature, that really anyone can watch and enjoy his show.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:06 AM

Are you talking about Bernard Goldberg? I actually like that guy though, plan to read his books sometime soon. There was a show on like ABC or NBC where 5 people ganged up on him and yelled at him. I forget the name of it though, a lot of people pound on him on the left.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a huge republican and I love The Daily Show. I dont mind that he only mocks the republicans, I'm not watching it for the political content it's just funny. The only thing I sometimes cringe at is when a conservative is on the show talking about his book, and Stewart won't let the guy get in a word, but I usually turn the station when that part of the show comes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how could you call yourself a huge Republican when you supported greater government control of resources via eminent domain in the libertarian thread. Your elected officials and pundits such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are outraged by the recent supreme court decision.

Oh and yes, I love The Daily Show. On the other hand, I'd like to see Bill Mayer(sp.) tarred and feathered. His show usually makes me very angry. FWIW, I consider myself libertarian, but side with the Republicans more often than Democrats.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how could you call yourself a huge Republican when you supported greater government control of resources via eminent domain in the libertarian thread. Your elected officials and pundits such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are outraged by the recent supreme court decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you are allowed to differ from some members of your party on certain issues, with that said for me to be in 100% support for the new laws I would like to see something that makes sure people get something at least 110% value of their homes. I allready said it would be dangerous if abused so in order for it to work it needs strict provisions, but I do favor the general idea of it.