Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Was this fold weak?

I usually play micro ring games, but I've been taking stabs at SnG's because they're more interesting. I think that I've been making some weak folds and this might be one of them.

Pokerroom 5+1. It’s still early and the blinds are 15/30. I have t1470 in the BB and see a free flop with 52o.

Four to the flop which comes 4s,5c,2s. I led out by betting 150 into a 120 dollar pot. It was raised to 300 by someone in LP and I call with 3 players to the turn.

The turn came [4s,5c,2s]Ah which I liked because now an ace might call me down. I check with the intention of checkraising. MP bets 40 and the LP raiser makes it 220 to go. I reraise to 400 and the three of us go to the river.

River comes [4s,5c,2s,Ah]Ad I check and fold to an all in bet of T580. This hand nearly crippled me.

Was the fold when the second ace hit the river weak/tight? The guy I folded to raised me on the flop, so I'm not sure what to put him on. I could see him raiseing that flop with AK or other overcards, and I suspose he could have a set. Should I have gone that deep with my baby two pair in the first place?
Old 06-03-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Was this fold weak?

This wasn't a weak fold. The river A was pretty much a worst case scenario for your hand. With this much action, I can almost guarantee you are beaten. I don't like the play after the flop though. There are many draws that will beat you and you have been re-raised into. I either push in at this point or fold. I don't think I could fold the two pair at this point though.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:05 PM

Anytime I see raises this early in a 5-1 I'd be nervous. When LP raises the Turn I'd be wary of the straight when pre-flop there were no raises. 2-pair are probably no-good with all the action on a flop like that.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:50 PM

thanks guys. The more I think about it the better the fold looks, so if there was a mistake, it was made earlier in the hand.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:47 PM

Flop= Thanks for raising me, I push.