Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Knicks get Eddy Curry

[ QUOTE ]
Still, whether or not any of this is a good turn of events for them will be determined by how Curry's health turns out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, no. This is like poker and you can't be results orieneted. Based on all information available at the time, this is a total steal. What you wrote is like "whether or not it's a good decision to go for it on 4th down depends on if they make it." GMAB. I agree that they won't be as good, but I fully expected them to regress a little this year anyways.

Regarding Curry's talent in particular, the all-star talk is way out of line, even in the Eastern Conference. He may make one, but it's not like he's ever going to be a perennial all-star with his work ethic. And "productive player" at a max or near-max deal is just as big a salary cap killer as Tim Thomas is, but with a whole lot more years left. Ugh. I'm glad the heartache is over for the Bulls.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard it was the Knicks 1st rounder in 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will find out soon enough, remember the Knicks have two picks next year. And two seconds as well. Initial reports have an exchange of picks as well. Who knows, it's a risky move, but in the end its just Sweetney for Curry, which if the doctors say fine, you have to do.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still, whether or not any of this is a good turn of events for them will be determined by how Curry's health turns out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, no. This is like poker and you can't be results orieneted. Based on all information available at the time, this is a total steal. What you wrote is like "whether or not it's a good decision to go for it on 4th down depends on if they make it." GMAB. I agree that they won't be as good, but I fully expected them to regress a little this year anyways.

Regarding Curry's talent in particular, the all-star talk is way out of line, even in the Eastern Conference. He may make one, but it's not like he's ever going to be a perennial all-star with his work ethic. And "productive player" at a max or near-max deal is just as big a salary cap killer as Tim Thomas is, but with a whole lot more years left. Ugh. I'm glad the heartache is over for the Bulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a steal for who? Deal looks to be in the 6 years at 36-40m range (similar to Crawford). I think it's even or leaning the Knicks way to be honest, and I really like Sweetney. He just needs to quit fouling so much and stay on the court.

Edit: I have no idea what the deal is now the Tribune is reporting some things, MSG others. Apparently the knicks will release AD, which makes no sense. I guess, I'll just wait.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:12 AM

Funny quote I saw from an interview with Skiles early last year.

Reporter question: "what can Curry do to improve his rebounding?"

Skiles answer: "Jump."

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM

FYI; I just picked this up yesterday.

2005-06 Knicks Micro Plan C

Knicks Micro Plan C

Philadelphia 76ers Sat Nov 26
12:30 PM

New Jersey Nets Mon Dec 26
7:30 PM

Detroit Pistons Thu Jan 19
8:00 PM

Los Angeles Clippers Tue Feb 7

Denver Nuggets Mon Mar 13

Indiana Pacers Fri Apr 7
8:00 PM

Charlotte Bobcats Mon Apr 17
Old 10-04-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We will find out soon enough, remember the Knicks have two picks next year. And two seconds as well. Initial reports have an exchange of picks as well. Who knows, it's a risky move, but in the end its just Sweetney for Curry, which if the doctors say fine, you have to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be happier if I find out its the Spurs pick though. Regardless, the Knicks needed to make this move, I agree with you 100%.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be happier if I find out its the Spurs pick though. Regardless, the Knicks needed to make this move, I agree with you 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Isiah has stocked up on draft picks, it's going to be at the point where we couldn't even sign them anymore. Vee will see. I really can't complain with a rotation like this...

C Curry/James
PF Frye/Rose/James/MoT
SF Q-Rich/Ariza?/Lee/MoT
SG Crawford/Q Rich/Ariza/Nate
PG Marbury/Crawford/Nate
Old 10-04-2005, 12:03 PM

I like a starting 5 of

C-Curry
PF-Frye
SF-Ariza
SG-QRich
PG-Marbury

I think Ariza will develop into a starter this year. Also, Im glad we didnt give away Lee. I think he might be the best pick the Knicks made this past draft.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:07 PM

This is a high risk/reward move. Having Larry Brown at the helm, he won't tolerate a lazy work ethic or poor attitude from Curry so he will have to earn his minutes. Jerome James will be forced to work harder if he wants minutes. Apparently Crawford and Curry were friends in Chicago so maybe there will be some positive chemistry.

If Curry dies does his salary come off the cap?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a high risk/reward move. Having Larry Brown at the helm, he won't tolerate a lazy work ethic or poor attitude from Curry so he will have to earn his minutes. Jerome James will be forced to work harder if he wants minutes. Apparently Crawford and Curry were friends in Chicago so maybe there will be some positive chemistry.

If Curry dies does his salary come off the cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, after a year.