Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which 2+2er has done the most drugs?
Joe Tall 4 5.00%
cnfuzzed 56 70.00%
Nate tha' Great 11 13.75%
bdk3clash 9 11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Messianic Jews

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's a hassidic (spelling?) jew?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasidic Jews are just one branch of the most Orthodox of Jews. They are the ones you usually see wearing all black outfits (hence, they are sometimes called the "Black-hats".)

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones who cross the street when they see you coming, and cross back after you've passed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I certainly have never seen this happen. Where do you get this?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One time me and my friend got hammered, and drover through Boro Park (heavily hassidic jewish neighboorhood) spashing water on the hassics and screaming "the power of christ compells you". I'm not proud, it wasn't my idea, but it seemed like a good one after several irish carbombs.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are aware that pretty much qualifies as a hate crime?
I have a sense of humor about most things, but not this. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is messianic different from jews for Jesus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they don't have such a silly name for one
Old 10-09-2005, 11:43 PM

hate crime? It's a crime to splash water on someone?

That should be in a movie. It's pretty funny.

I got a phone call from someone saying they represented the Messianic Jews. My caller ID read Jews for Jesus.

Is there such a thing as Christians for Muhammad?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hate crime? It's a crime to splash water on someone?

That should be in a movie. It's pretty funny.

I got a phone call from someone saying they represented the Messianic Jews. My caller ID read Jews for Jesus.

Is there such a thing as Christians for Muhammad?

[/ QUOTE ]
I could see you getting arrested for assault. The law doesn't f-around when it comes to things that could be construed as hate crimes. Especially in NY.

And the Christians for Muhamed comment was great.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasidic Jews are just one branch of the most Orthodox of Jews. They are the ones you usually see wearing all black outfits (hence, they are sometimes called the "Black-hats".)

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones who cross the street when they see you coming, and cross back after you've passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Encino, a neighborhood in the Valley in L.A. Heavily Jewish, and I've seen it dozens of times, as I used to visit friends there a couple times a week for many years. Also similar behavior, like seeing them step away from selecting fruits and vegetables in the supermarket whenever someone else comes up. And I've gotten sour looks out of them, too, as if I'm unclean or something. And I'm a real Clark Kent looking guy, too, quiet and well-groomed, so it's not like I look threatening in any way, or even so much as loud. Other friends have noticed the same thing, as well as dirty aned disgusted looks from them, and we've gotten a few chuckles together, too, seeing them cross the street as soon as they see a non-Hassidim walking down the same sidewalk, then crossing back again. Seriously, we're real mild-mannered, polite young guys(or we were, back when my friends lived there); kinda sad how people isolate themselves that way.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Encino, a neighborhood in the Valley in L.A. Heavily Jewish, and I've seen it dozens of times, as I used to visit friends there a couple times a week for many years. Also similar behavior, like seeing them step away from selecting fruits and vegetables in the supermarket whenever someone else comes up. And I've gotten sour looks out of them, too, as if I'm unclean or something. And I'm a real Clark Kent looking guy, too, quiet and well-groomed, so it's not like I look threatening in any way, or even so much as loud. Other friends have noticed the same thing, as well as dirty aned disgusted looks from them, and we've gotten a few chuckles together, too, seeing them cross the street as soon as they see a non-Hassidim walking down the same sidewalk, then crossing back again. Seriously, we're real mild-mannered, polite young guys(or we were, back when my friends lived there); kinda sad how people isolate themselves that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
well this makes me slightly ashamed of my religion.
BUT... there might be other circumstances. If it was a woman at the grocery store moving away from you then it might be because they aren't allowed to touch men that aren't there husband. But if it's men at the supermarket then they're just acting like asses.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 AM

From my perspective (i.e. a Christian's prespective), there is no reason that a person cannot be both jewish and christian, and this is how I think of messianic Jews.

For those of you who don't know, Jesus, and all of his apostles were Jewish, and they never renounced their Judiasm. So, I guess, they would have been messianic jews.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From my perspective (i.e. a Christian's prespective), there is no reason that a person cannot be both jewish and christian, and this is how I think of messianic Jews.

For those of you who don't know, Jesus, and all of his apostles were Jewish, and they never renounced their Judiasm. So, I guess, they would have been messianic jews.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, but from everyone else's perspective you can't be two religions at once. Again, there are no Christians for Muhammed or Muslims for Buddha.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:21 AM

It's the latter. I wasn't even including women.

To be fair, though, although I criticize this behavior and bring it up, I know it's not exclusive to anyone. The reason I bring it up is that it's so sad that it's common among everyone, especially those who have been historically repressed and so, most of all, should be the ones who know better. But they don't. They just enact their own versions of the same bad behavior and thought patterns. It's sad that nobody ever seems to learn any lessons at all, and the bad always seems to be handed down through the generations. It seems that there's just no way out sometimes, as everyone hoards their hatred as if it were a special, unique prize and inheritance.

It's a shame that ethnicity is so often treated not just as a fact of life, and an often unremarkable and not particularly relevant fact of life, but as an excuse for bad behavior and ill will toward "outsiders." In that way, bridges just keep being severed instead of made, and the desire to think less of others and treat them worse because of the accidents of birth just becomes more deeply ingrained in society every day, man by man, moral capitulation by moral capitulation.