Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Favorite Vodkas

seriously tho grey goose if ive been running well, absolute if ive been running ok, and smirnoff if i need to wallow in my pair because of how bad ive been running.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always just have smirnoff vodka in my house for mixes. Would you recommend getting greygoose or something else?

I am usually not the one drinking it so I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no.

I have Grey Goose, Chopin, Belvedere, and sometimes some Sky for me to drink and the girls I'm trying to screw.

I have $10 for 1.75 L crap vodka for the guests I don't care about. Fuck them.

Also, someone who said there is no difference between a good vodka and ass vodka is on crack. I can tell the difference between Grey Goose, Chopin, and Belvedere... I can certainly tell the difference between those and a crap vodka, even if it is mixed.

Edit: I actually have Smirnoff Green Apple (to mix with cran) and Smirnoff Vanilla (for vanilla vodka and coke). I'd really like to find better tasting flavored vodka though... Maybe a trip to BevMo is in order.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:14 PM

Maybe by the hangover.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When mixed, there's no really difference between Kettel/Grey Goose/Skyy, but anyone can tell the difference between a Grey Goose and OJ and an [censored] Brand & OJ

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, Grey Goose is all hype. The founder has even admitted it: his plan was to make a vodka of the same quality as Skyy/Absolut, and then price it at 150% of those brands and build a ton of hype so people would pay. It has worked beautifully.

If you're mixing it, save yourself the cash and get a standard premium over Grey Goose. If you're drinking it straight, on the rocks, or with tonic, you'll likely want something of actual higher quality in any case.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a big Vodka fan. Just as a tip, buy a bottle of
Grey Goose and when it's finished fill it up with something crap like Popov. I bet you nobody will know the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS

I can absolutly tell the difference between Grey Goose and some [censored] vodka.

When mixed, there's no really difference between Kettel/Grey Goose/Skyy, but anyone can tell the difference between a Grey Goose and OJ and an [censored] Brand & OJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can. But in my (fairly extensive) experience, very few people are able to tell the difference.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hawkeye... kurosh, you know what's up

[/ QUOTE ]?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have Hawkeye vodka in iowa city? It's like $1.42 a handle in Des Moines. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I wouldn't know? I live in Illinois. And to mslif, we left a few seconds after I posted that.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:29 PM

Old 10-02-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But there's no question in my mind that most people who try Chopin or Aramdale that like vodka will agree they're both better.

I heart vodka.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wise beyond your years, at least when it comes to Vodka.

Swede
Old 10-02-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always just have smirnoff vodka in my house for mixes. Would you recommend getting greygoose or something else?

I am usually not the one drinking it so I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no.

I have Grey Goose, Chopin, Belvedere, and sometimes some Sky for me to drink and the girls I'm trying to screw.

I have $10 for 1.75 L crap vodka for the guests I don't care about. Fuck them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Last party I had, I had a bottle of Gordon's out on the drink table, and kept a bottle of Grey Goose stashed away, which I directed the cute girls to.
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I actually have Smirnoff Green Apple (to mix with cran) and Smirnoff Vanilla (for vanilla vodka and coke). I'd really like to find better tasting flavored vodka though... Maybe a trip to BevMo is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try bacardi vanilla with coke, vodka with coke, is not something I can stomach.

There was an article in the NY Daily news last week about making your own flavored vodka, with fruits. It's not online, but I might have it in the recycling bin, I'll try to scan and post. Seems like a fun idea.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:52 PM

Stoli, Svedka, Absolute, Zyr, Ketel One, Level, the Polish potato vodka, the Russian one that sounds like Stoli, Smirnoff.

1. Zyr Smoooooth and mild
2. Stoli Love the mouth feel and the little taste it has
3. Ketel Makes a good apple martini