Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else have this problem?

Damn man... I wanna have a poker class...
Old 08-26-2005, 03:01 PM

You need to seperate your gameplay from the stakes. Poor poker is poor poker whether it be at $0.01/$0.02 or $100/$200 and you know this. If you write off the first game as an "entertainment" expense, then don't play out of your bankroll, play out of your pocket. If you want to be a winning player at $0.01/$0.02, adjust to the game. Same with $100/$200.

An example to prove independence of stakes and gameplay: most 5-10 live games play a lot like the 1-2 games online, many times much worse. Some 5-10 games are supertight, while some others are superloose. It's about adjusting to the game, not to the stakes. If you intend to beat the game, then you must adjust.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you go to school and what do the kids in the class major in? I'm sitting here signing up for Buddhism and Research Methods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown University. Yeah, they have classes on that junk too.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 05:08 PM

Im used to playing 10/20 but every so often if i wanna relax and just play cards ill play 2/4 - 4/8 and it doesnt give me the same rush, It gets boring I try to get fancy and make moves on donks which is never good. I heard somewhere that you should play at a limit where it means something if you win or lose