Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Some Math To Prove How Stupid Party Is

I see these posts about the Players Club points for the cruise so for sh!ts and giggles I decided to do a little fun with math.

So you need at least 30,000 PCP's during the time period mentioned and need a total of 50,000 for the cruise. Here's an example that proves how Party is just stupid.

================================================== =======

I go to work and solicit 22 fellow co-workers who have never played poker on the internet before. I get them beforehand to all create Neteller accounts and I transfer money to each account. I get their email addresses and send them a TAF through Party.

I then get them all to agree to create a Party account, deposit in $50 using the TAF code. The deal is they all do this at midnight, make the deposit, open up 4 tables of $1-2 limit and fold every hand until they have collected the 125 raked hands.

I walk away with a cruise package.

================================================== ========

Now time for the math behind it.

22 TAF's would get me 52,500 points meaning I wouldn't have to play 1 hand of poker.

I deposit $60 into each person's Neteller account. TAF only takes $50 deposit but you'll see later the reason for $60.

22 people x $60 = $1320

So right now, I'm now -$1320 overall from my quest.

HOWEVER, from my 22 TAF's, I get $50 bonus from each. So, in the end, I am in the hole -$220.

My 22 co-workers playing $1-2 (77% of the hands are raked) would play on average 195 hands so lets just say 200. To play 200 hands, every 10 hands will cost $1.50 in blinds. They will have to pay the blinds 20 times for a total of $30 spent.

Giving them each $60 in Neteller will give them around $58 to deposit. Once they complete their end of the TAF, they'll get a bonus of $25. That extra $8 should cover the difference to make sure they will end up with at least $50 in their account after the 125 raked hands.

$58 (initial deposit) - $30 (paying blinds) + $25 (TAF bonus) = at least $50 so they can make a cash out.

So, in conclusion, my 22 fellow co-workers make an easy $50 in about 45 minutes of time. I end up with 52,500 points, enough for my trip by 1AM. I ended up paying a total of $220 for a trip package that value is $12,500 and one that could win me millions.

gg Party!