Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Stars $22 180 SnG, 43 left, SB hand vs Big Stack

I think this is a good call pre-flop. If you raise, the aggressive BB will rarely fold as he is playing his stack well. The bet on the flop is fine also. You need to fold to the raise. His range is huge, two pair, 66+, or even overcards which you could lose to on the turn or river. You still have plenty of chips, let this hand go.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Stars $22 180 SnG, 43 left, SB hand vs Big Stack

While betting the flop is fine, I'm not a big fan of the size of the bet. To me it says "I've got top pair, but I'm afraid of draws, so I'm going to bet more than the pot to let you know I have top pair so you will fold."

I think this is a case of strong looking weak. I think the size of the bet encourages the big stack to try to buy the pot with a semibluff, even if all he has is two overcards and a backdoor flush.

I'd bet out t300-350.

I would have also raised pre-flop. This sort of flop is exactly why the pre-flop raise is important. If Villain is semibluffing, your pre-flop weakness might have been a factor in Villain's decision to make that move. If you had raised pre-flop, Villain would have to be concerned that you had a pocket pair. Or an A5 giving you a gutshot straight draw to go with your pair. These possibilities could discourage a semibluff.