Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: To all the names mentioned in this thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where are those guys? They need to comment on whether they want to stay in small or move to mid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I PM'd the lot of them and told them to get over here and provide some input.

[/ QUOTE ]
I play what will now be considered mid limits (I think, 15/30 and 20/40 are in there, right?). I would prefer to be a mid limit mod because that's where I'll be playing and if I post hands that don't go in HUSH (which is where most of mine go) they will be in the mid limit forum. I wouldn't be opposed to staying an SS mod though, I'll probably still read that forum a bit. If the mid limit job is available I'd like to have it.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: New Thread For Discussion of New Mods

Josh would be a great mod in the newer high-limit HUSH forum. I'd love to mod the middle limits forum as well. I will be spending a lot more time there, in general, than I will at SS.

Rob
Old 11-16-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: To all the names mentioned in this thread

I was thinking bumping up Ent or one of those guys would be good, and maybe you would be good for SS Matt, and we could promote Voracious Reader or Jaxup as another ML mod. (I would stay in the kiddie pool. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 11-16-2005, 08:47 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i received this in a pm from tstone yesterday: im irritated by the things im hearing about you on the mod forums and i dont appreciate whats going on.

i would have voted a solid no before that, but i'm further inclined to think that he shouldn't be a mod because i don't like the idea of things being run by a sewing circle. to whoever it was - if you have a problem with me, please raise it with me.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:58 PM

If people are sharing what's being discussed in here, that's not good. It's really had to give frank assessments of people's abilities to mod or anything else if that's getting back to them.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:29 PM

Seriously. Relaying this to people outside of the forum is inappropriate and unprofessional. Let's keep our quibbling behind closed doors.

Also, I think I'm in favor of moving Entity and Evan to Mid stakes, leaving GoT where he is, and promoting QTip. Tstone has lost my support. I still don't really support jason_t.

VoraciousReader is another good one to consider for Micro. I sent her a PM to see if she's interested.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i received this in a pm from tstone yesterday: im irritated by the things im hearing about you on the mod forums and i dont appreciate whats going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post in Mid-high about not adding the middle limits forum may have led a number of concerned posters to believe that you had somehow been the force preventing it from happening.

Tstone IM'd me yesterday (most HUSH regulars have my IM name - it's "Surfbullet" in case any of you need to reach me) angry about your post, seeing it as an effort to stop the creation of the mid-limits forum that he and others had lobbied for.
I said that while you had expressed the belief that it was not necessary in our discussions here, that it was ultimately Mat + Chuck's call and they'd do what they thought was in the best interests of 2+2 as a whole, given the responses of all the mods + the regulars in the thread.

I'm not sure what motivated him to send such a PM and it was foolish IMO.

While Tstone himself has acknowledged that he would not be the best candidate for moderator, it seems unprofessional at best that you would further oppose someone for personal reasons, rather than the best interests of 2+2 and its specific strategy forums.

My understanding is that this board exists so we can freely discuss ideas in order to best influence the 2+2 community using the responsibilites granted to us. In that spirit I have kept an open mind and feel that personal agendas take a back seat.

As dids commented, we should be free to voice our opinions without reserve.

In this regard I may have erred - Tstone IM'd me today and asked me if it looked like he was going to be a mod, and I told him no. He asked why, and I said because the consensus was that he was a good strategy poster but lacked the temperament to make a good moderator. He agreed with me and I thought that was that.

I won't do this again in the future, I didn't realize at the time that I was saying more than I should.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Relaying this to people outside of the forum is inappropriate and unprofessionalLet's keep our quibbling behind closed doors.

[/ QUOTE ]
I very much agree with this. I tried to argue the same thing when Evan and [censored] were fighting over mod issues in the OOT. I sent TStone a PM just to say "hey, it looks like the mid-stakes forum is probably going to actually happen" just as a courtesy since he originally suggested it and I had assumed that that level of information sharing regarding the mod discussions was acceptable (I assumed that because no one complained about Surfbullet posting threads in HUSH to relay the status of the new forum there), but calling out a specific moderator by name like that is way out of line.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think I'm in favor of moving Entity and Evan to Mid stakes, leaving GoT where he is, and promoting QTip.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm okay with this.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had assumed that that level of information sharing regarding the mod discussions was acceptable (I assumed that because no one complained about Surfbullet posting threads in HUSH to relay the status of the new forum there), but calling out a specific moderator by name like that is way out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on both accounts.

The HUSH community has been waiting with baited breath for the split - or any news thereof. Does anyone think it was out of line for me to post that we were discussing it with the intention of formalizing a list in the next 24 hrs? After the list was finalized I posted it as well so that the regulars would know what to expect. I honestly felt this was not a big deal at all and it was almost my duty as moderator of the forum to let them know their voices had been heard and that things were moving forward.

Again, I will alter my behavior in the future if this was out of line.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think I'm in favor of moving Entity and Evan to Mid stakes, leaving GoT where he is, and promoting QTip. Tstone has lost my support. I still don't really support jason_t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other options for small stakes mods are Jake (the Snake) and W. Deranged.

I really think Jake (the Snake) should have been a mod all this time with all the work he does for the digest. Though perhaps he's already been offered and turned it down?