Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Fainting while lifting weights

This same thing happened to me, although it only happened one time (although I fainted twice). I felt woozy while lifting weights, and passed out afterwards. I was out for 15-20 seconds each time. I went to the doc, they ran an EKG and took blood, all that good stuff. They were unable to find what was wrong with me, but they said that fainting is usually a sign of heart problems. Make sure they check your heart, as well as check for anemia, diabetes, etc.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:42 PM

This really isn't a big deal. I'm more concerned with farting during lifting.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:59 PM

You are probably just really out of shape. I don't faint, but i sometimes get really light headed sometimes when i am getting back into the gym after a long break (6 months or so) last time it happened i was starting to worry that i was having heart problems... so i went to the doc... got a bunch of tests, had to wear a heart monitor for about a week, they said i wasn't dying that i was probably just out of shape. it would usually happen during/after leg days... i hate legs. or when i was doing something that put me in a lying on my stomach with my head not up (some back exercises) anyway, go to the doc, get check out just to make sure. you hear about the 20 something athlete who drops dead in the gym... you don't want that to be you... atleast i didn't want that to be me!