Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: MISSING THE GRAVY TRAIN?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't use PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then no offense, but I'm guessing that you are vastly overestimating how many hands you played last month. (Since you didn't track how many). 100k in 1 month is a LOT.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:28 PM

No offense taken, as it is a lot. But as I said, I'm a sick bastard (with a VERY understanding wife!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Here's my typical schedule:

I play 15 hours a day, 6 days a week, 6 tabling lower limit NL at Paradise. That's 90 table hours a day @ 50 hands/hr is 4,500 hands/day @ 6 days/wk is 27,000 @ 4 weeks/mo. is 108,000.
I take a 5 minute break every hour, but I'm still one sick mf. I know that... but this is my profession and I dont plan on working 10 years from now. And to the Q of how u can play 6 tables at Paradise: think creatively, it's poss. but no 2 acct's at same table(s).
Old 10-13-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense taken, as it is a lot. But as I said, I'm a sick bastard (with a VERY understanding wife!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Here's my typical schedule:

I play 15 hours a day, 6 days a week, 6 tabling lower limit NL at Paradise. That's 90 table hours a day @ 50 hands/hr is 4,500 hands/day @ 6 days/wk is 27,000 @ 4 weeks/mo. is 108,000.
I take a 5 minute break every hour, but I'm still one sick mf. I know that... but this is my profession and I dont plan on working 10 years from now. And to the Q of how u can play 6 tables at Paradise: think creatively, it's poss. but no 2 acct's at same table(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

So lets assume 10PTBB/100 at .01/.02 NL, a very bad winrate.

$.40/100 x 1080 = $432

Let's hope you play higher stakes than that, or win at about 80PTBB/100.

[censored] at 10PTBB/100 at 25NL its $5/100 x 1080=$5400 a month That sucks.

All my math is probly wrong too.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:04 PM

dude - if you seriously play 15 hours a day for 6 days a week then you need help/need to get out more.

I'm not kidding about needing help.
This is just plain unhealthy.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:08 PM

As I dont use PT, I dont go by BB/100, rather BB/hr which at the .25 limit is approx. 10BB/hr per table, not great but w/ 6 tables it works for me. Also, this is my "take home pay", I dont want to get into how that is but it is the case for me and I live in a loc. where the cost of living is quite a bit less than what most 2+2 ers are accustomed to. Once I come up w/ a rake back deal I'll be able to earn more and I do plan on moving up in levels as my BR increases. Hope that clarifies things...
Old 10-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Hey Bob, love ur posts, they're always entertaining. I know ur a prof. player as well and I prob. dont have the time in that u do, so I do agree w/ you. In my reply to ghost, I laid out my money numbers which work for me, however as stated, I do plan on moving up in level as well as get a rake back deal, thus eventually allowing me to cut back on my hours, as more money will be coming in. In the meantime I need to build my bankroll up and this is the way for me to do it. Some personal info may help explain my outlook: in another life (at least it seems like it) I was a private investigator and used to sit for hours on end, 16 hour days were not unusual, watching and waiting for activity. Poker is the same in a sense: watch and wait for your opportunities, esp. in NL.
I did the P.I. thing for 15 years so the ability to maintain what I call a "detatched focus" (oxymoron alert) for hours on end has become ingrained in me, which makes playing so many hours doable. Plus I have talk radio... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 05:45 PM

This guy is almost doing an ADHOC everyday. I seriously don't know how you can still only play the $25s. Take 4 hours a day and study the game.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:02 PM

I'll move up. Experience + bankroll = higher limits, and I'm getting both in abundance right now.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:04 PM

I would kill myself before I'd play 100,000 hands a month on Paradise. 10K was torture. Move to a site that has faster games and software that doesn't suck. Two tables on Stars is much faster than three on Paradise.