Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Anyway to Get Away From My Overpair.... JJ

[ QUOTE ]
It feels like I'm beat, its always just one more bet Can I fold the flop here, maybe the turn? Both villians didn't seem like they got too out of line or did anything real foolish in the time I saw them play.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.83 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.83 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.83 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh this hand is painful.

I would just make a crying call into the 18.83 pot and hope for 1010 and A8 and move on with life.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:41 PM

unless i had a really good read on utg i play it just as you did, and feel bad about it the whole time.
matty
Old 10-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Anyone like raising the turn to try and get some more info?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like raising the turn to try and get some more info?

[/ QUOTE ]youre gonna get threebet alot by hands that are beating you, and then youll have to call bc you have outs blahblah, so no.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:25 AM

I fold the flop when it's capped back to me, against unknowns. Someone, maybe 2 people have at least an overpair, and I'm on the bottom end of that scale. To be sure I worry about hitting my gutshot/trips after I fold as the cards come out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But this is another hand where it looks like I'm coming in a poor third.

If I know there are LAGs out there I keep calling as they may have 99 or TT often enough. But there's also QQ,KK,AA,77,78,88,33 and on the turn also 99,JT,56,98 to worry about. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 08:53 AM

You are like a cork bobbing in an ocean. Get out when you know you're beat which is on the flop for me.

You raised and found out where is it's at. Leave while you still can. I mean what hands are you putting them on, 95% of those hands kill you dead! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 10:49 AM

Only if you hate money. You really want to get to showdown cheap.

~stephen

ps. FWIW, I'd expect to see TJ here and call anyway.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Folding the river for one is crazy, if you want to fold do it on the flop. It was 3 bet and capped behind you and you have one pair. Do you have outs? Yes. Do you know what they are? No. A jack gives the T9 straight draw the nuts and any overcard might beat you. You basically have to hope UTG+1 has 87, CO is overplaying his hand, and then you have to hit a 3. More likely CO has 88 or 77 and you have 2 outs. How often are the opponents capping with a worse hand, and how many outs do they have when they do? Fold the flop.