Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Does he have trips or is he just acting like it?

I had kind of been running over the table taking down a lot of pots preflop or on the flop. I am pretty sure he thinks i have some type of AK, KQ, KJ type hand here. This is WA/WB so i figured 3 betting the turn would be bad. Chances are he doesn't have a nine and is just repping it because he thinks i am unlikely to hold one given the way i have been playing. I haven't seen him do anything crazy so he could very well easily have one, but i have my doubts. How's this line, anything you do different? Not sure if this is important but i hesitated for a while before calling the turn trying to decide between calling/raising.(And please no fold preflop one-liners as that is not what i am looking for here)
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($26.65)
Hero ($130.45)
SB ($104.95)
BB ($167.25)
UTG ($104.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3.50, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($9) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $5</font>, SB calls $5.

Turn: ($19) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $9</font>, [color=#CC3333]SB raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $11.

River: ($59) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]SB bets $35</font>, Hero calls $35.

Final Pot: $129
Old 12-27-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Does he have trips or is he just acting like it?

Turn looks like a good spot to 3bet. I'm not about to fold trip 9s to a min raise in a HU pot when villain can easily be semibluffing. When you've been speeding you'll get more action on your big hands, so don't be afraid to pull the trigger. Most of the time your opponents are just making a stand on a board like this.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:39 AM

this sounds a lot like an A7, though I wouldn't be shocked to see 9T or something. I wish I could fold this kind of hand but I simply don't read well enough too.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:45 AM

If you are behind to 22 or 77 than so be it. I tend to think he has a pp here and you are ahead most of the time unless he would call the pf raise with something like A9s, T9s, 98s, or 97s.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:07 PM

He bet 35 on river and i called and she showed a stone cold bluff- i just wish i could have found a spot to raise.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bet 35 on river and i called and she showed a stone cold bluff- i just wish i could have found a spot to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played it fine. I think that your hand is pretty transparent and although I would have trouble folding in your spot, I think that a raise would be spewing as all you're doing is folding out better hands and getting called by better ones.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:09 PM

Yeah he had nothing so if you 3 bet the turn he probably would've folded. You made $35 more doing it your way.