Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-21-2005, 07:46 PM

Default QTs in the BB. Ugly River.

I thought this player was solid and was actually looking to boat up on the river. I think I might have folded even if the river wasn't such a crappy card.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.83 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.83 BB

- Jim
Old 12-21-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: QTs in the BB. Ugly River.

not saying its right or wrong cause wtf do I know...but why no flop C/R?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:51 PM

I like it, it looks like he has something in the idea of AK or JJ. He raised preflop, and just called your donk bet on the flop. Then raises the turn when the jack hits. Smells like a big hand to me This river card sucks but it mighta helped, as you MAY (even though you said you wouldnt) call a bet if the river is a total blank
Old 12-21-2005, 08:03 PM

Flop CR works too, but I had him as solid. I wanted him to raise if he had a piece or an over pair on a draw heavy board so I could kick him in the jimmy.

- Jim
Old 12-21-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this player was solid and was actually looking to boat up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does "solid" mean he has to have you beat on the turn? I like a flop check-raise better- there's plenty of hands he could have on the flop where he won't raise your bet.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 PM

While I don't think u are good here very often, it is not impossible for MP to have KQ or AQ. I think it's worth a call.

SGS
Old 12-21-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I don't think u are good here very often, it is not impossible for MP to have KQ or AQ. I think it's worth a call.

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Depending on the player he could also have AJ/KJ.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted him to raise if he had a piece or an over pair on a draw heavy board so I could kick him in the jimmy

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, While I don't think the river card was good for you I would call here and look him up just to make sure his solid image he isn't taking for granted. Plus your hand still does win against AJ and KJ like hands
Old 12-22-2005, 08:45 AM

The villian could be raising the turn with almost anything. Any pair, including baby pockets, could be raised here.

I think that his range on the river that warrants a call is very limited. I don't think that many people will be betting this river with KQ or AQ after they raised the turn. If they had KQ or AQ they probably raised the turn figuring that they had put their last bet into this pot.

I still think that it is a tough fold though.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that many people will be betting this river with KQ or AQ after they raised the turn. If they had KQ or AQ they probably raised the turn figuring that they had put their last bet into this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true. AK or KQ raises the turn thinking they have the best hand... they'll definitely be betting again on the river.