Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Redskins vs Giants

Well I was wrong Last Game Prediction, but this time I think the Skins pull a win out of the hat. I was at the Dallas game last week and will be in attendance for the Giants game Saturday.

FedEx was loud. 92,000 people screaming loud. Much like the environment in Seattle where they forced the Giants to 13 false start penalties. Along with Eli's struggles on the road, all the Skins have to do is shutdown Tiki. Of course thats a lot easier said then done when the guy ran for over 220 on us last time.

This is a huge game for the Skins. We win, a Dallas, Minn, and Atlanta loss clinches playoffs for us. Ha.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Redskins vs Giants

Should be an interesting game in that some weeks both teams look like the best team in the league and other weeks they can't put their socks on. Hard to imagine the Redskins winning, though, after the 35-0 slaughter the first time. Manning, IMO, has been just terrible the last few weeks, I suppose he's overdue for a good game. The Giants still need to win a game to guarantee getting into the post-season, so one would think they'd be up for this game, despite the fact that they get the Raiders next week.

Strange seeing all those NFL games scehduled for Saturday, isn't it?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:25 PM

Yeah it is strange. I like it because it gives me more days to watch the NFL.

Suprisingly the Redskins are favorites at -3 in this game. After losing 35-0 I dont know how you can make them the favorites. Hopefully the skins routing of Dallas wont be followed by a routing themselves (Same as after 49ers game).
Old 12-23-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it is strange. I like it because it gives me more days to watch the NFL.

Suprisingly the Redskins are favorites at -3 in this game. After winning 35-7 I dont know how you can make them the favorites. Hopefully the skins routing of Dallas wont be followed by a routing themselves (Same as after 49ers game).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP (?) If the Skins just routed Dallas, shouldn't they be the favorites at home?

As a New York Football Giants fan, I'm not too thrilled going to Washington, esp. after that embarrassment they laid on the Cowboys (How 'bout them Cowboys?) WAS is looking to sneak into the playoffs since they have tiebreaks over DAL, and probably looking for payback after the first meeting. Still, the Giants may want to clinch the division here and show up big for this game. They're coming off the KC win and have a three game win streak (so does WAS, but the first two were against ARI and STL.) WAS -3 sounds about right (but I'd pick the Giants.)

Looks to be a helluva game.

ScottieK
Old 12-23-2005, 09:25 PM

Washington being favored strikes me as silly. I gues the berros like the Skins at home. But their opponent is two games better than them in the standings and beat them 35-0 not that many weeks ago. As inconsistnet as they are, I think the Giants are a great bet.

Then again, that probably means load up the other way; I'm the anti-tout.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:06 PM

I'm going to the game also. FedEx Field will be LOUD. Hopefully the crowd noise throws off the Giants. I think they committed 11 false start penalties in Seattle, not sure.

Maybe the Skins should put 8 in the box and force Eli Manning to beat them. Unfortunately, I think he could do that. Antonio Pierce is out for tomorrow, that's good. Why did the Skins let him go, especially to a division rival? Greg Williams' scheme does not rely on superstars but re-signing him to keep him from going to the Giants was reason enough for me.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:33 PM

Elisha should just throw to whomever Walt Harris is covering.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:37 PM

Yeah baby. Skins over the Giants. Eli sucks away from home as predicted. The skins D shutdown Tiki as well. All around great game to go to. A win at Philly and we are in. Should be an easier win than the last two seeing they are going up against Philly's practice squad.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:14 PM

bad officiating
Old 12-24-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bad officiating

[/ QUOTE ]

call the waaaaaahmbulance and eat some cheese cries