Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 02:37 AM

Default What are the other options on party besides unofficial rb?

I've only seen the snowball tourny at RTR, are there any other options out there that party recognizes as ok?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: What are the other options on party besides unofficial rb?

beating party games for profit because they are so soft seems like a good enough idea for me. If you play enough you can get vip payments.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:34 AM

party games are generally pretty good, I agree. But I'm asking if there are any other party approved programs out there besides RTRs snowball. Obv i would rather have more $ than less, esp if the $ is free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
beating party games for profit because they are so soft seems like a good enough idea for me. If you play enough you can get vip payments.

[/ QUOTE ]
soft games + freebies > soft games

OP has asked a very good question. So much ink has been wasted handwringing about what we cannot have. No one is telling us about our legitimate options.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:47 AM

RTR snowball is the only publically detailed option to date.

PIR has another site that says they offer rewards, but I can't find any details on exactly what that offer is?

PokerAl recently posted that he was working on something.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

soft games + freebies > soft games

OP has asked a very good question. So much ink has been wasted handwringing about what we cannot have. No one is telling us about our legitimate options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 PM

I'm a little surprised that RTR won't take suggestions to "tweak" the snowball program more to the players' likings. They would have much more participation if they did so.

First they need to pay out higher than 75% of the revenue. 25% is WAY to much for them to keep and anybody playing under these conditions is simply giving up too much. Do you see why?

Second they need to design a structure that allows players to receive the same value of revenue that they contributed, or close to it. If not it is going to get swamped by whores.

Other ideas would be to payout a huge percentage of the field. Maybe pay all spots and just have a shallow increase from spot to spot.

I do think it is great that RTR is thinking "outside of the box" and are coming up with extremely innovative programs. Although the current option has it's flaws, I don't think we're far away from an affiliate coming up with a system that rewards the players appropriately. I'm anxious to see what PokerAl comes up with amongst the others that are searching for approved ideas.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:48 PM

You can always hold off and see how things develop. But if you are looking to sign up soon, I'd go with RTR's snowball scheme and assume that they will listen to suggestions (as well as come up with their own) to improve the snowball. Like you said,
[ QUOTE ]
rather have more $ than less, esp if the $ is free.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2005, 09:27 PM

I agree with some of your crictism to the snowball scheme. A good plan would be for people to start with chip stacks based on the MGR they have generated. However I have heard that this might be a) to hard to implement b) against Party's policy.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 PM

Also i do not see how them taking 75% of the rake is to much. Why are you giving up to much? You would not get the freerolls otherwise so would you rather pay the entire amount to PArty and get nothing back?

Also i think we are overlooking the fact that they put $3000 of there own money into the pot for the 1st month.