Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-09-2005, 08:56 AM

Default misplayed on every street?

im in the 2-4 PLO game at stars with a 90 dollar stack (short on purpose. ive just down and have no notes or reads.

i pick up AKdJQh. i limp behind 3 limpers on the button. this i think was clearly a mistake. my thinking when playing a short stack is to limp a lot unless i have a hand and situation where i can get the majority of my stack in preflop. i think there is too much value in raising and this is taking it way too far though.

anyways, the flop comes KT3 with the KT of hearts. ive got TPTK and a royal draw (although i dont have the Ahearts) as well as a big broadway draw.
clearly(?) im willing to get this all in on the flop if i can. however its checked to me and i bet the full pot (17) and am called in 2 places.

the turn is the ten of diamonds and it is again checked to me. ive picked up another flush draw (A hi) but now the board has paired. checked to me and i check behind.

river comes a offsuit K giving me three kings with A kicker and they both check to me. is this a clear value bet? on that draw heavy board it seems unlikely that anyone would cr or be worried with any full house.

any comments appreciated,
matty
Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: misplayed on every street?

A small value bet is warranted. You usually won't get paid off, but occasionally by a loose T or weak K. If you are checkraised by a pot sized bet you should fold.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:21 PM

When playing short I like to put in a potsized raise pf with my strong hands, and then commit myself to a good flop...obviously this flop would be one of them
Old 11-09-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When playing short I like to put in a potsized raise pf with my strong hands, and then commit myself to a good flop...obviously this flop would be one of them

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this if I'm play the short-stack. Raising preflop and push all-in on the flop
Old 11-10-2005, 01:05 AM

i think that is something i have not been doing enough of. ive basically been playing much less agg preflop then i do when playing with 100+ bb. i usually dont commit much until i have a big hand or big draw and then often end up getting my money in against people with a huge equity edge.
in this case i think raising pf is warranted but i wonder how much weaker than this hands can be and still warrant a raise with a short buyin. part of why i like buying in short is because when i do flop a strong hand in postition other people have often put in enough money (sometimes 2 or 3 even) to commit them to my raise or reraise.
when playing short money i guess i try to focus on getting my money in with a huge equity edge rather than protecting my hand. interesting to hear how others like to play it though.
what other changes do you make when on a short buy in?
matty