Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker: 10 Tabling now permitted

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Daliman,

I don't think winning players are necessary if the pool of fish is large enough. Winning players are only necessary if there is a need to get tables started. Whether or not 8-tabling TAGs increase or decrease longterm profits is up for debate.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that Party shouldn't care if any of us can make a living, they should care how much money they make, and I don't think this decision hurts them in regards to the bottom line.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I accrue over 10k a month in rake, and I personally know at LEAST 20 other WINNING players who do the same. GL finding more than 5 losing players that generate this much EVERY month.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:57 AM

the question is also, how much did you win and take off the fish? And if you had not won that money from the fish, would they have continue playing? If so you are costing party.

I think you guys are looking at this as if fish think the same way we do and play X hrs/week. It is most likely that they deposit $Y and play until they are broke.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:01 AM

If you played skins with rakeback, party wasn't getting that entire 10k. Some of it went to you, some to your affiliate and some to the skin. I don't know what deals the skins had, but it's possible only 5k went to party(?).

If you now decide to boycot party, that's obviously going to be bad for them, but if you start playing only on party and not getting rakeback, that's very much better for them.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:07 AM

Because it is in the best of their interest. The rake of multitabling winning players does not compensate for the deterioration of the games. Fish get hammered quicker, need more reloads or leave earlier (bust).
Old 10-09-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it is in the best of their interest. The rake of multitabling winning players does not compensate for the deterioration of the games. Fish get hammered quicker, need more reloads or leave earlier (bust).

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see real figures on this; I simply don't believe it's true. Fish don't give a [censored] about table selection, and I don't think they're going bust fast enough for this to be a +EV business move.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord knows I'm no Econ major, but this seems to me akin to saying if we get rid of all the rich people, the poor people will be that much richer.

The fact of the matter is winning players are the foundation of ANY good poker room, period. Otherwise, you have a constant strwam of layers buying in, losing, and leaving. If the top 10% of all players left Party right now, they would likely lose 30%-50% of their rake IMMEDIATELY, and all that would happen is the mid-level players would now be making the $$$, and the bad players would MAYBE play 10-20% longer. No chance it makes up for the rake good players accrue, period. ENd of story.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord knows I'm no Econ major, but this seems to me akin to saying if we get rid of all the rich people, the poor people will be that much richer.

The fact of the matter is winning players are the foundation of ANY good poker room, period. Otherwise, you have a constant strwam of layers buying in, losing, and leaving. If the top 10% of all players left Party right now, they would likely lose 30%-50% of their rake IMMEDIATELY, and all that would happen is the mid-level players would now be making the $$$, and the bad players would MAYBE play 10-20% longer. No chance it makes up for the rake good players accrue, period. ENd of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not getting why the top 10% of players would leave if the games remain as soft as they are.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:48 AM

The bottom line will be hurt if all the pros leave. I don't see most of them leaving though because Party is still the largest site and therefore has the most fish. I never played party much myself because I find the software horrid but I was finally going to surrender and join EuroBet for the rakeback. Not anymore. Good decision from a business standpoint unless the pros boycott it and based on how many plan to keep playing on it I don't see it happening in enough force to make them change back.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:49 AM

maeke jawhonz
maeke jawhonz
maeke jawhonz
maeke jawhonz
Old 10-09-2005, 02:57 AM

LMAO

[ QUOTE ]
Just checked the who's on list..

[/ QUOTE ]