Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 08:18 PM

Default 2 sites I found that are similar to PSO/Boogster. Are they reputable?

Hey all. I stumbled across these sites that Poker Tracker listed as links. They seem to offer similar services as Boogster and Poker Source Online, which are extremely reputable sites. Can anyone please vouch for, or share the experience they had at either "VegasProPoker" or "PokerPromotions"? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: 2 sites I found that are similar to PSO/Boogster. Are they reputable?

I've used VPP and PSO. I had a bad experience with PSO in my one experience with them. I just started with VPP and so far they've gone way above and beyond what I experienced with PSO. Maybe I'm just lucky so far.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 2 sites I found that are similar to PSO/Boogster. Are they reputable?

What was your bad PSO experience?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: 2 sites I found that are similar to PSO/Boogster. Are they reputab

[ QUOTE ]
I've used VPP and PSO. I had a bad experience with PSO in my one experience with them. I just started with VPP and so far they've gone way above and beyond what I experienced with PSO. Maybe I'm just lucky so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

LargeCents,

One of our customers notified me today that you were slamming PSO on 2+2 in this thread and this thread:

HERE

It looks like you are a long time member of 2+2 and an active poster, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a competitor of ours. The reason being is that most stories of poor service or a bad experience with Poker Source Online is nothing more than a fabrication; either that or someone who didn’t follow directions. That is because our number one priority is customer service and we provide this service almost 24x7. Poker Source Online provides a toll free number for support and answers all support questions via our forum within 4 hours, and normally within 30 to 60 minutes. So, I have to call you out by saying that your comments are total crap. First off, you mentioned that “I had to email customer support like 30 times”. Well, if you did in fact email us, you could have emailed us 1,000,000 times and never gotten a reply. Everything on our site says to post in the support forum and that we do NOT do offer support via email. We have 7 support employees who can better serve you via the support forum. Email only goes to one email account and is a much less efficient means of support. You’ll find that information here: http://www.pokersourceonline.com/pso/contact_us.asp on our contact page and if you send an email in for support you will get an automatic reply of “Thank you for your inquiry to Poker Source Online. However, we DO NOT take support questions via email. Please post your support question in our forum at http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum.”

To sum things up I have to say that you fall in one of the two categories:

- You didn’t follow directions and tried to get support via email and ignored the repeated requests to post in the forum. Even so, I would be curious to look up your account and disclose your history here for everyone including your signup date, the date you completed your requirements, the date your promotion was approved, and the date the items were shipped. That is how confident I am in our process. We don’t ignore our customers and we offer the fastest service of anyone who does what we do. This is irrefutable.

- You are a competitor (or are related to a competitor) of Poker Source Online and are trying to slander us.

I guess the ball is in your court now… I look forward to your reply.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is because our number one priority is customer service and we provide this service almost 24x7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging by the rest of your post, you don't know the meaning of customer service, and it's likely I would never do business with you based on this post.

Which is not to suggest that the other guy isn't a competitor or a complete tool or a guy who likes to dress up in his mother's lingerie because I have no information there.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason being is that most stories of poor service or a bad experience with Poker Source Online is nothing more than a fabrication; either that or someone who didn’t follow directions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or someone in the Absolute rakeback program, which has been not as advertised and repeatedly mishandled by both sides. Or the Party rakeback program, who didn't get notified of its cancellation except in the forum.

I don't dislike you guys in general, but claiming your process and your service is flawless is out of line.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason being is that most stories of poor service or a bad experience with Poker Source Online is nothing more than a fabrication; either that or someone who didn’t follow directions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or someone in the Absolute rakeback program, which has been not as advertised and repeatedly mishandled by both sides. Or the Party rakeback program, who didn't get notified of its cancellation except in the forum.

I don't dislike you guys in general, but claiming your process and your service is flawless is out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not saying we are perfect… we are human beings. However, the fact is we try as hard as possible to do whatever we can to make our customers happy and respond as quick as we can. There is almost never a situation where a post in our forum goes more than a couple hours without a response. That is what I was refuting from this guys post. He said he contacted us 30 times. I don’t really follow what happens on other people’s sites, but I have to imagine that everyone is having the same issues with AP and Party Poker?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I’m not saying we are perfect… we are human beings. However, the fact is we try as hard as possible to do whatever we can to make our customers happy and respond as quick as we can. There is almost never a situation where a post in our forum goes more than a couple hours without a response. That is what I was refuting from this guys post. He said he contacted us 30 times. I don’t really follow what happens on other people’s sites, but I have to imagine that everyone is having the same issues with AP and Party Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other people here have suggested they regularly get their AP rakeback the first week of the month, rather than the last, for one thing. And there hasn't been a lot of complaining about it being incredibly inaccurate either -- and believe me there would be. I think this is just you guys.

Other affiliates notified their Party rb customers of cancellation by email, ensuring that they all knew it was happening at the time. Months later there are still posts in the PSO forums from people who just now figured it out, and have been playing there for months expecting to be earning rakeback. Thankfully I'm not one of them.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:28 AM

Poker Source Online provides a toll free number for support

Does LargeCents not have a telephone?

I swear, all it takes is a freaking phone call.
Never tried PSO (yet), but knowing they have a toll free number I would feel fairly safe.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other people here have suggested they regularly get their AP rakeback the first week of the month, rather than the last, for one thing. And there hasn't been a lot of complaining about it being incredibly inaccurate either -- and believe me there would be. I think this is just you guys.

Other affiliates notified their Party rb customers of cancellation by email, ensuring that they all knew it was happening at the time. Months later there are still posts in the PSO forums from people who just now figured it out, and have been playing there for months expecting to be earning rakeback. Thankfully I'm not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are a rakeback customer for several sites with us, you know that we post our UB points ahead of schedule each moth as we used to with our Party Poker rakeback when we had it. We are at the mercy of the AP to post their rakeback b/c it is cash deposited directly to the player’s account. Either way, I agree that isn’t your problem as the customer. Since AP rakeback amounts to about 1.5% of our profits and about 60% of our headaches along with the proverbial black eye the past couple of months, I can promise you that AP rakeback will be our number one topic of conversation when we meet with them next month in Las Vegas! Finally, I do know for a fact that the inaccuracies in their payments are across ALL affiliates since they sent an email out to their affiliates (basically falling on their sword) explaining that they were paying on an average and not actual rake amounts. I can’t speak for the timing of payments with other affiliates.

The Party Poker rakeback is something I have to fall on my own sword for. There is a lot of background on that email, but the fact is it didn’t make it most of our customers. We actually identified that after a couple of weeks, but decided not to send it back out not realizing that it didn’t make it to the majority, not minority of customers. By the time we figured everything out it was too late. However, to through a little something positive in here, we did credit almost 1,000 players with rakeback they had not yet earned at a cost of thousands of dollars to us when the program was eliminated. Meaning that anyone who had not yet earned $90 yet in rake, was brought up to $90 no matter how much they had played till that point.

I know this isn’t something I’m going to “win”, so I will leave it at this: we are not perfect, and with over 50,000 customers it is impossible to make everyone happy. It kind of reminds me of my days of selling on eBay. I had a 100% positive feedback rating until I hit my 1,400th sale and got a negative. It was the worst feeling in the world, but it’s inevitable. The point is, no matter how big we get we still treat everyone with the same enthusiasm as we did when we had 50 customers and I still take it really personally when someone isn’t 100% happy.