Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 06:08 PM

Default We need a new beer thread

A couple of friends and I had another beer tasting tonight. The theme was "Great Divide"

The beers were (in order of exellence)

Yeti Imperial Stout
Old Ruffian Barley Wine
Denver Pale Ale
Titan IPA
Ridgeline Amber
Hercules Double IPA
HotShot ESB

Discuss.....
Old 06-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: We need a new beer thread

The key to a good beer "tasting" is making sure that each beer that you try is successively higher in alcohol volume.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:12 PM

I must say i have never heard of any of those beers and i have had my far share of good beer. I just got off a Victory kick was drinking that every weekend for the past few months good beer.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key to a good beer "tasting" is making sure that each beer that you try is successively higher in alcohol volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

Partially correct. You need to make sure, that the heavier beers are at the end. Heavier often but not always mean alcohol volume.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:44 PM

Bump. I know next to nothing about good beer, and I want to drink something really good tomorrow night. Someone suggest something delicious and reasonably priced ( < 10 bones for a sixer). I tried Rolling Rock and Sam Addams yesterday and wasn't a huge fan of either.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:40 PM

Beer is good.

Sunshinie Wheat Beer, Blue Paddle, and Loft from new belgium brewing

widmer hef, guinness, pyramid curveball, bridgeport anything, black butte porter.

apologies efor the dozens of beers i forgot, that was just off the top of my head.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump. I know next to nothing about good beer, and I want to drink something really good tomorrow night. Someone suggest something delicious and reasonably priced ( < 10 bones for a sixer). I tried Rolling Rock and Sam Addams yesterday and wasn't a huge fan of either.

[/ QUOTE ]

shiner bock
Old 06-16-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Boddington's Pub Ale.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:57 PM

Any clue what kind of stuff you like? Do you want something smooth or something kind of hoppy? Some pretty decent choices that are widely available these days are Newcastle, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Stella Artois, . . . trying to think of some other specific recommendations. Those are three wildly different beers, by the way. I've liked the beers I've had by Dogfish Head and Rogue. I'm not sure how widely available it is, but Saranac puts out a bunch of different varieties that I generally find to be pretty high quality for the price (typically $6 for 6).

My beer purchasing habits over the last few months have largely focused on picking out something that's on sale that I haven't tried before. There's a lot of good stuff out there. Pick something out that's a little more expensive than Rolling Rock that you've never heard of before and you'll probably be in pretty decent shape.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MOOSE DROOL! Tasty, thick, and it just makes you happy to drink it. It's almost chocolatey.