Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-03-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: KK push...am I a donk?

[ QUOTE ]

OP has about 5-6 orbits to go through before he's totally blinded off. I refuse to believe that with these huge blinds and small chip stacks that 11 people won't be eliminated in 45 to 55 hands. I don't think folding here is awful if you're confident you can coast into the money, which I think you should be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably close to 10 people will have been eliminated in 45 hands leaving OP with approximately 0-1BB exactly on the bubble which is exactly where I despise being and where you have to make extremely difficult decisions... unlike 'should I open-push w/ KK from the SB'. Possibly being a micro-stack on the bubble is the worst situation imaginable and you should avoid it at all costs which means you are no where near auto-folding here.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...If you were 14th in chips w/ 41 people left a fold would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really confuses me. There's no mention of antes but I can't possibly devise a scenario where you'd open muck KK to the BB....
Old 10-03-2005, 01:19 PM

With 41 people left... and 39 getting a seat, and you're 14th in chips, why would you possibly not open muck AA?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:23 PM

My bad, didn't take into account only 41 left...then yes, the muck, albeit sour, would be correct.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:37 PM

If you know he's calling this with Ax, you probably shouldn't push. However, readless (which is how you presented the problem), this is a very easy push.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:03 PM

If this clown called w/ A9 it's safe to say he's coming over the top of any raise you throw at him, correct? So for those that said raise are you calling him when he pushes back? If so, don't you think it's better to get your chips in first? Just wondering.

FWIW I play it exactly as you did. Sucks you took a bad beat but I think you played it fine.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That sucks, I probably would have raised 3x, then pushed the non ace flop. If I saw an ace, I might be inclined to fold, but I might lose all my chips anyways there.

[/ QUOTE ]horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Only reason I say this is because 1-39 is the same prize, and if I think I can coast there, I'm not going to put my tourney life on the line because of a meaningless hand. Lots of horrible players like to play Ax, and I am only a 70% fave to win, meaning if they call, 7/10 times I double up, and 3/10 times I lose everything so close to an almost guaranteed win.

I'd still push any non ace flop, because then I am likely a heavy favorite to win, while if an ace comes, I am not feeling it.

If I knew I could coast the rest of the way, I'd just fold every hand, even if I knew I had a 70/30 favorite.

If this was a tourney with a pay structure, then I might open push. But since it's not, I can't see risking it all when you can taste the victory.

[/ QUOTE ]ugh a stop n go is horrible with KK
Old 10-03-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bad, didn't take into account only 41 left...then yes, the muck, albeit sour, would be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]the OP says 50 left
Old 10-03-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]the OP says 50 left

[/ QUOTE ]
There is 50 left. i said if there were 41 left then this is a fold. With 50 it's a clear push.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:09 PM

no one would at least call and try to take all his chips? You made yourself look like you were stealing. Why the need to steal? I'd call with A9 also if i thought you were stealing and my odds were good which they were. I think you got a little overexcited about k's