Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 05:00 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: 99

pf- easy no-raise. do you want overcards getting 8.5-1 going to the flop to give them the odds to draw to their 6 outers? if you do, you need to understand you maximize their mistakes postflop by keeping this pot small, especially given relative position. that's where we make money right? from their mistakes? either they call unprofitably in an unraised pot, or they fold; either is great for us.

flop- i bet and 3 bet b/c their is enough coordination on this board that he is drawing(plus it is paired which means it helped fewer combos anyway). 3 bet is easy because, for that one more sb you can possibly get it heads up, which is undoubtably a much better scenario for your hand and a small investment compared to the pot equity increase you would experience.

turn- nice scare card. lead with a tentative value bet for your likely best hand.

river- good chance only a better hand calls a bet here. for that reason i check and maybe induce 55-88 or a busted draw to bet at it. plus it would suck to get raised here.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pf- easy no-raise. do you want overcards getting 8.5-1 going to the flop to give them the odds to draw to their 6 outers? if you do, you need to understand you maximize their mistakes postflop by keeping this pot small, especially given relative position. that's where we make money right? from their mistakes? either they call unprofitably in an unraised pot, or they fold; either is great for us.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't completely agree with this.

Punish them for making a mistake pre-flop by limping when they should not have if they knew you had 99.

It goes both ways.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:46 PM

I'd much prefer to see a CR on this flop instead of a bet/three-bet. Making the field call two cold when they haven't put any money in on the flop is better in this medium pot as opposed to leading, having them put in some money, and then three betting. THe pot is then much larger and will tend to make a donk want to call even if they aren't getting the right odds

everything else is fine IMO. I agree with not raising PF. I have a general disdain for putting too much money in PF OOP. Though I may have an equity edge, I just prefer to see a flop to where my edge may be much greater, then I can really punish those for limping in. If I catch a bad flop, I didn't put any or much money in and I can get away from the hand easily
Old 11-12-2005, 07:55 PM

I assume you're trying to induce a bluff on the river, but wouldn't it be ashame if he checked through a better hand?

I think the river is the place for value betting, as an off-suit deuce is not going to induce a lot of bluffs.