Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet

Anybody have an idea as to how the small stakes no-limit games at UB compare to Party?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 PM

Is there a setting to see exactly what the raked amount is? I found the setting to show pot size, but I haven't found the setting to show what the rake amount is.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:36 PM

does his name start with a Y? if so he is my favorite player. just flop TP or an overpair, dig in your heels, and start hitting raise.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does his name start with a Y? if so he is my favorite player. just flop TP or an overpair, dig in your heels, and start hitting raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, this was a hand from the villain you speak about. He is definitely one of my favorites to have at the table. I believe his range of PF capping hands are any PP, 2 cards bigger than a T, and any suited A or K.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Con: You can't pick what position your seat is in the interface. You are always on the bottom, which stinks for me since I have a little overlap on tables and I 3-table. I could be missing something, but I haven't figured out if I can change that or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't change the position of your seat, but UB has mini-view, which means you should be able to avoid any overlap while multi-tabling on even the smallest monitors. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it's worth the effort.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can't change the position of your seat, but UB has mini-view, which means you should be able to avoid any overlap while multi-tabling on even the smallest monitors. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it's worth the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I just haven't given that a shot yet. Thanks
Old 05-31-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a setting to see exactly what the raked amount is? I found the setting to show pot size, but I haven't found the setting to show what the rake amount is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can hover the mouse over the pot to see the rake amount, or click here to see the rake structure.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:14 AM

I've been playing on UB for a few weeks. Most of my time has been spent at 1/2 full, where clearing a bonus isn't all that bad; it is, however, very slow-going at .50/1.00. I haven't found the games too hard, but as another poster said, maybe the site just fits my style of play better. The 1/2 full games are fairly tight for the most part, but in general, I don't think the players are so good that you should avoid the site. I'd say there's a bit more aggression and willingness to bluff/semi-bluff and try stealing PF, but I find that for the most part, it's not that big of a deal.

I love the software except for a few minor things:

1) As mentioned, having to manually open up the hand history window is a pain at first, but now it's second nature. The biggest problem for me is the fact that you can't keep them minimized; every new hand causes the hand history window to pop up. As a result, I'm only playing three tables. Trying to play four is just a pain with the hand history windows. At some point, I'll try out the mini-view.

2) For whatever reason, sometimes the software doesn't save the notes I write. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it not saving them, but it's a royal pain in the ass when it doesn't.