Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 12:46 PM

Default FLUSH!!!!!!!!!

Oopponent is 22/9 over 800+ hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $20 BB (9 handed) converter

UTG+1 ($1998)
MP1 ($1842)
Hero ($3157)
MP3 ($2242.80)
CO ($370)
Button ($1819)
SB ($2315)
BB ($3011)
UTG ($7949.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $60.

Flop: ($170) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $120</font>, BB calls $120.

Turn: ($410) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $800</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero...?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: FLUSH!!!!!!!!!

I don't see how you can find a fold here, given the strong likelihood that Villain has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x
Old 12-22-2005, 12:54 PM

Does everybody call the flop with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? I find myself folding (or raising) here because of the near impossibility of getting paid on a four flush board (esp. OOP).
Old 12-22-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can find a fold here, given the strong likelihood that Villain has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x

[/ QUOTE ]
holyshit, who said anything about folding?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:10 PM

This looks like the nuts to me, if the BB knows what he's doing. I would think he would put you on A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx maybe), but he doesn't look too worried about that since his raise is so small. Just make sure the river is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and you don't have to worry about it.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:13 PM

Apparently this hand is not so simple,that a CavMan could do it.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

nh
Old 12-22-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CavMan like to comment on many hand, yet manage say so little so well
Old 12-22-2005, 02:56 PM

i'm new to this board so if this line reeks, let me know:

given your preflop raise, do you think the villain put you on a flopped flush? do you think the villain flopped a flush (obviously higher) himself?

given the rarity of either one happening independently, let alone simultaneously, and absent other reads, i'd put the villain on an A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] semi-bluff or a set (77 or 66) that was waiting for a non-heart to hit the turn so I'd smooth-call the turn bet.

if a non-heart hits the river, i'm most likely paying off any bet but folding to a large bet on a 4th heart on the river. if checked to me on the river, i'd think about value betting.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:53 PM

There is about 0% chance villain has a set here unless its A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax or he is a [censored] moron. For you guys thinking he has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x, why doesn't he check/raise the flop? Do you really think a TAG type player is calling an MP raise with Axo? Maybe A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Qx or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx, which is really the only hand I can put him on that doesn't crush us and even that is drawing pretty live. It obviously depends on how villain plays, but if he's the more straight forward type (and 22/9 leads me to think he might be) I think it's closer to a fold than others are making it seem.