Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-20-2005, 01:17 AM

Default 2006 NBA Draft

Ok I know it's early, but being a Boston Celtics fan, it's all I can think about. We are really set at the 2/3 position with paul pierce, ricky davis, ryan gomes, gerald green, and tony allen. We have two excellent young bigs in Perkins and Jefferson. Basically, Marcus Banks and Delonte West don't cut it at PG. Our needs include one more big, and a really good point guard. (and a new coach, doc rivers sucks.)

Anyway, what point guards are good, especially one that would fit in with the celtics run and gun offense. i figure they will be somewhere around the 8-10 pick.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: 2006 NBA Draft

The little I've seen and heard of this year is that Delonte West is a solid player. Shouldn't you give him a year or two before you write him off as not the answer?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:08 AM

i disagree with almost everything you wrote. doc is a v good coach who's been handed a very very very young team, and he's doing an average to above average job geting them to play together and play d. have you seen banks since he's been back? it's like a whole new player, good decisions, and he's shooting well. also, delonte imo is way ahead of the learning curve as a 2nd yr player. pierce is having a great yr, as is ricky, and blount who i usually rail on is playing decently. raef kills me, and his only redeeming quality is his 3 range, but otherwise awful. then there are fringe guys like o greene who is decent, and gerald green who has quite a bit of hype and is still learning the D. PLUS, perkins and jefferson are fantastic pickups the past couple of yrs.

however, it they were to upgrade, i'd like it to be a top caliber PG (because i am not SOLD on west or banks as the long term solution) -- imagine this team with a kidd or andre miller type running the show, esp in 07 when this (YOUNG) team has had a chance to adjust to the nba game and harness their talent...

plus, allen is coming back from injury, and i liked his attitude and D last yr. let's ignore the fact that he allegedly bludgeoned someone at a bar this summer
Old 12-20-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The little I've seen and heard of this year is that Delonte West is a solid player. Shouldn't you give him a year or two before you write him off as not the answer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if it came off in this manner. Delonte West is a true Celtic. The guy dives for every loose ball, hustles, and is a good guy with community service and such. I love him as a 1/2 combo guard off of the bench, he's just not a starter, or a true point guard. I would just love to have a guy who could effectively distribute the ball to his teammates like baron davis, andre miller, or steve nash. Is there anyone in the NCAA like that?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a guy who could effectively distribute the ball to his teammates like baron davis

[/ QUOTE ]

Baron Davis, team player. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a guy who could effectively distribute the ball to his teammates like baron davis

[/ QUOTE ]

Baron Davis, team player. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, i forgot to add, Chauncey Billups. Why can't the Celtics get players like him?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, i forgot to add, Chauncey Billups. Why can't the Celtics get players like him?

[/ QUOTE ]

They trade them before they get a chance to mature?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the eerie feeling he wasn't kidding...but I'm hoping he'll surprise me.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doc is a v good coach

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply not true. Doc Rivers is one of the worst game coaches I have ever seen. When was the last time we got any sort of shot down the stretch that didn't involve Paul or Ricky doing it on their own? We constantly blow late leads or come up empty in the fourth quarter, and one of the main reasons is that Doc never draws up any sort of play.

-McGee
Old 12-20-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the eerie feeling he wasn't kidding...but I'm hoping he'll surprise me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, Im making a reference to the Celtics history of giving up on young talent. Cough Cough Joe Johnson, Chauncey Billups.