Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-15-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Looking for S&G coach

I've been playing S&Gs for a few months, but not really paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm looking to step up to the next level. Anyone interested in coaching? Send me a pm and we can work something out.

Thanks

(btw, sorry if this is the incorrect place for such a post)
Old 11-15-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Looking for S&G coach

People need to know the level you play at and if there is any compensation available. What concepts you understand is also nice...
Old 11-15-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing S&Gs for a few months, but not really paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm looking to step up to the next level. Anyone interested in coaching? Send me a pm and we can work something out.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This ought to be interesting. A complete stranger who doesn't pay attention when he plays, has been playing for a few months and wants a coach.

Duck Dude.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This ought to be interesting. A complete stranger who doesn't pay attention when he plays, has been playing for a few months and wants a coach.

Duck Dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, call the Discovery channel, this deserves a special.

When I say I haven't been paying attention I only mean that I am just learning the concepts and probably haven't been applying them all correctly (ie correct bubble play). I was just sort of kidding around.

Anyway, compensation would be offered. I'd like to start at the $5 at party and work up. PM if interested.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 PM

lesson #1: don't play the 5/1 at party...the extra rake kills your roi...start at the 10/1
Old 11-15-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lesson #1: don't play the 5/1 at party...the extra rake kills your roi...start at the 10/1

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does, but if he doesn't have the BR for 10/1 then he shouldn't play it, should he?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does, but if he doesn't have the BR for 10/1 then he shouldn't play it, should he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Open an account at Poker Stars (the rake is less)
Old 11-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Find the Aleomagus "How to beat the $10's" post and follow it exactly... you'll start learning and winning...
Old 11-15-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't he play at a different site then? I cashed out of Empire (where I have been playing the $11s) a couple of weeks ago and deposited to UB to play some $5.5 S&G. I have a BR of ~$1100 so I'm overrolled, but I want to sharpen my game. My plan is to play at UB for a while and when I feel better about my game go "back" to Party (not Empire this time) and the $11s. Does the differences in player styles and chip structure etc hurt me more than I gain from practiceing (how do you spell this form? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) at a lower level?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Find the Aleomagus "How to beat the $10's" post and follow it exactly... you'll start learning and might start winning...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP