Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Three types of people

In life there are three major types of character based personalities, that one will probably fall into, these are to do with being a "success"

The meaning of "success" can be argued for days on end, but that is irrelavent to this discussion. Someone will be "successful" when they have achieved greater amounts achievements when given the same opportunites and forthcomings as another.

Number 1 - The loser

The loser is a person who is just that, a loser, has accomplished very little in life, and in fact may have caused harm to others in life, the two main reasons for somebody falling into this catergory are,

Hopelessness- Unfortunately no matter how much this person tries they were simply not given the advantages of most other people, ie, they to not have the mental or physical apptitude. Life for these people will be very disapointing, as many of them will try as hard as they can to be successful, but will never get there living a very unfullfilling and upsetting life.

Laziness- These poaple are the people who always look for the easy way out, and generally will take that easy way even if that means causing a hard way for others, these people will never become something close to successful as by definition, there catergory will not allow them, as it will take effort and determination, I havent seen many lazy people with these acquirements.

Number 2- Mr Ordinary

Most of the people in this catergory do enough to get by in life, alot of them have at least a small amount of ability or talent that is enough to make them close to successful, how ever they would have to work very hard to achieve this. The reason these people dont reach that next level as they prefer to be in the norm, when you become successful you gain extra pressures and responsibilties, it takes effort to maintain the successful catergorie, and it also may mean being the odd one out. It is this "odd one out" feeling that scares these people into staying where they are. It is also a fear of failure, as many will find the fear in failure greater than the enjoyment of success, and therefore chose not to compete, allowing them not to fail.

Number 3- The succesor

This person will not take losing, in fact they hate it, they will do everything to get ahead, and will not stop until they have reached the level of success they desire. They are hard working and generally have been blessed with enough mental or physical apptitude, to be success in any field they wish. It is very difficult to be in this catergorie as it comes with many pressures, the pressure of maintaining your success, The fear of failure is small if not non exsistant. They gain great enjoyment from success and will not stop until they achieve it.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Three types of people

The world is won by those who let it go. By letting it all go, it all gets done.

But, if you try and try, then the world is beyond the winning.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:58 AM

I don't think this is a useful or an accurate way to classify people. I suppose if you are in human resources or something you might think like this, but otherwise you couldn't be more wrong.
How can you call someone a failure for not meeting some artificially contrived standards imposed by society? If you took a homocidal maniac out of this society and placed him in the US special forces, he might be considered a "success". If you took a schizophrenic person out of this society andn placed them in some tribe in the past, they might serve a function as a shaman or something and be considered a "success."
Success and failure have nothing to do with your personality, because the meaning of success and failure changes with time, and circumstances.
Lets say you took a civil engineer, and placed him in Oz (the tv show). Would he be successful? I doubt it. I bet he would end up someone's prag. His abilities and personality are out of place in prison. However, the abilities and personality of a violent, paranoid criminal drug addict like Adebisi might lead them to be considered a "success."
Old 08-09-2005, 04:20 AM

Someone just read "The Idiots Guide to Taoism"

[ QUOTE ]
The world is won by those who let it go. By letting it all go, it all gets done.

But, if you try and try, then the world is beyond the winning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2005, 04:22 AM

lets just say this:

the two most common human traits/characteristics are fear and laziness.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:22 AM

Know yourself
Control yourself
Give yourself

-- Cicero

PairTheBoard
Old 08-09-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The meaning of "success" can be argued for days on end, but that is irrelavent to this discussion. Someone will be "successful" when they have achieved greater amounts achievements when given the same opportunites and forthcomings as another.

[/ QUOTE ]

quite right about "succesful" being ambigious

same for "achievements"
Old 08-09-2005, 06:07 AM

Lazy people are sometimes more successful at being happy. Also, lazy is really just a word that the capitalists invented to chastise proponents of the 8 hour work day, or people who want to be paid an adequate wage, etc.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lazy people are sometimes more successful at being happy. Also, lazy is really just a word that the capitalists invented to chastise proponents of the 8 hour work day, or people who want to be paid an adequate wage, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think people jobs working cubicle 8 hour/day monkey jobs are lazy. i guess it depends on your definition.

people would call me lazy. i call them lazy(and stupid).
Old 08-09-2005, 06:51 AM

i don't understand the point of your post.

frankly, this is oversimplified and somewhat juvenile. what are you trying to achieve by posting this? there's no question in there that i see. do you want to harvest a collection of agreements with your class system, in which you undoubtably fall under the "succesor" class? sorry if this sounds harsh, but i just don't "get it".

IMHO (some letters you may want to be attaching to things like this) success is achieving the goals that you set out for yourself. the goals that a person chooses is their choice. just because you look at your neighor and think "gee, that lifes not for me" doesn't make him a loser or a "mr ordinary" that character flaws that prevent him from being a success.