Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-26-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Another Party Poker Bonus That Fails TO WOrk Properly

True to their form, their scratch card promotion does not work as promised. Money won was supposed to be credited immediatl to your account. This did not occur. Perhaps it worked for some, but for others I know it did not work. HOw many times must they put out flawed bonus offers.

Had problems with their football promotion.

Had problems with with VIP bonus offer that took over a week to get credited.

Do they ever test their software for these promotions? For a publicly traded professional company, the testing phase of their software development seems to be lacking. Having once been a programmer myself and understanding the importance of testing and retesting before releasing software, it is annoying that such a site with such financial resources can't get the job done right without some bugs.

Surprise us next time Party Poker and put out a bonus offer that works as you state it should. But if you are still having problems, please contact me Part Poker and maybe you can entice me out of retirement to help you guys out.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Another Party Poker Bonus That Fails TO WOrk Properly

Use Firefox...
Old 12-26-2005, 05:02 PM

The scratch card itself works. It just doesn't credit to account if something is won.

As for using a different browser, don't you think that since IE is the most widely used browser, that they should make sure that their software works on that platform.

Quality Control is a concept that Party Poker needs to become more familliar with. The users should not have to try to come up with ways to get PP software to work.

Bug free software is difficult to write. But testing will usuually find and eliminate most problems before release.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Not really here to argue Party's stupidity, but if you want your bonus now, just use Firefox...
Old 12-26-2005, 06:39 PM

click the card till it shrinks and becomes white
Old 12-26-2005, 08:22 PM

Nice I just won $10 ^_^
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 PM

I have won twice. Once for $50 and another for $10. Neither one has hit my account. The $50 was won on 12/26 and the $10 was last night. On 12/27 I sent an email and they said they would investigate. On 12/28 I called customer service and spoke to an Indian named Ragu (not joking) and he said that my account did indeed win the $60 and it will be in my account within 24 hours. With 8 hours to go, I still do not see any new money in my account. "Sigh"
Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 PM

I've gotten two $5 wins and they were both credited to my account instantly. Just make sure once you "scratch" the card the browswer reloads the page with the card totally scratched off.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've gotten two $5 wins and they were both credited to my account instantly. Just make sure once you "scratch" the card the browswer reloads the page with the card totally scratched off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second that.

I have won $5 and $10 (this was today). Both times, the browser reloaded with the card totally scratched off. Also, I could see the money instantly credited to my account right away. Not to beat a dead horse, but like many people have suggested, use FireFox if anyone is having "trouble" in their Internet Explorer browser.

* CalvinTy
Old 12-29-2005, 02:49 PM

I had trouble the first time (24th), using IE. What I had to do was just scratch once, with one short motion, then let go of the mouse button. That allowed the page to reload automatically, and credit my account. If the page doesn't do an auto reload after you scratch, it didn't work right.

When I got the first scratch-off, I was scratching by moving the mouse pointer back and forth, literally uncovering the whole ticket. Apparently IE doesn't work right with this method of "scratching". It failed to work all four times I tried it, until I tried it as described above.

Bobby