Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

View Poll Results: Will GWB be an Anchor?
Yes 24 58.54%
No 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: I\'m turning jason into a LAG. The AQo test?

you're not turning jason into anything. this is a very easy threebet.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AJo is clearly a loser

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I stated in my post this was done by feel but we have a fairly tight raiser who we suspect is maybe playing a bit looser with the limper. Well AJ doubles our domination chances, I suspect that our villan is not much looser than ATo and maybe KQ KJ ish and of course the pairs and I'll say down to 66 on those. That's about 12% of hands and I don't see him getting to much further out of line with at least the BB likely to play also. (Remember he's only making it 2 bets)

With that hand range AJo is at an equity disadvantage to the raise, plus we have the nice added position of having to pay off with our dominated hands.

AQo it's close it really is and it could really hinge on one or two hands that the guy might raise with. Now if your going to tell me he raises with 1/3 of all hands here yea it's an easy 3 bet, but he's not going to widen his range that much if he only has an 8% raise score overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

More simply our equity drops from about 34% with AQ to about 28.5% with AJ against a fishy limper and an 8% raiser.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:10 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Ok I ran PS (yea I know showdown stuff) for AQo with a 60% player followed by a raisers hand at the 12% range I defined earlier. Our equity is on the plus side at ~37%, however most of our equity is comming from the bad player, not the raiser.(Really that's not suprising) As that bad player tightens up or the good Lord forbid folds correctly it shrinks our edge. It also doesn't take much of a tightening from the raiser to kill our edge, with that said given the players I like the 3 bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because the statisical information seems to favor Jason's read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get the impression that a 13/8 is unduly tight with his PFR standards after a limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering what specifically made you think that he was not.

[/ QUOTE ]

8% PFR was enough, for starters. I also took a shot at thinking that a 13/8 might actually be capable of thinking about the game beyond just the cards he's holding, since he appears capable of at least some thought.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's aggro and decent but overaggro in the wrong spots and definitely capable of realizing his position and concepts like isolation etc) now raises. Next player, a TAG, folds. You're OTB with AQo.

You...

[/ QUOTE ] unclick autopost after you 3-bet and find a better seat.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I ran PS (yea I know showdown stuff) for AQo with a 60% player followed by a raisers hand at the 12% range I defined earlier. Our equity is on the plus side at ~37%, however most of our equity is comming from the bad player, not the raiser.(Really that's not suprising) As that bad player tightens up or the good Lord forbid folds correctly it shrinks our edge. It also doesn't take much of a tightening from the raiser to kill our edge, with that said given the players I like the 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you run the raiser with a 12% range, AQo is ahead of his range, so it's profitable no matter what the limper does.

Even giving the raiser an 8% range, we have 47% equity heads up. So if everyone folds including the limper, we've got 1.25 BB's in dead money to fight over. I think position alone makes up for the slight equity disadvantage we have with a 8% raisers range.

So what I'm saying is that we're in a profitable situation whether the limper folds or not. Also, loose limpers don't fold for two more bets after they've put a bet in the pot.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:46 PM

3-bet it. Fish will probably fold, leaving you and one other, who apparently could be overly aggressive with his play. But, I suck so what do I know?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:58 PM

you guys are all a bunch of lagtards.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:11 PM

To be honest i dont think the preflop matters all that much, all three options are viable, they you will make money in this situation is post flop, play it well and both cold calling and raising should turn a profit, folding however will ensure that you dont lose money.

The important thing about this hand is the other players.

I would consider the following

- bb sb, are they willing to coming along if we three bet? or just call? are they loose or tight?

- Limper will he possible fold for two more bets? also will he stick around post flop?

- First raiser will he respect and fold the flop unimproved or will he stay around?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because the statisical information seems to favor Jason's read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get the impression that a 13/8 is unduly tight with his PFR standards after a limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering what specifically made you think that he was not.

[/ QUOTE ]

8% PFR was enough, for starters. I also took a shot at thinking that a 13/8 might actually be capable of thinking about the game beyond just the cards he's holding, since he appears capable of at least some thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, where did this read come from?

[ QUOTE ]
but my read is that he's aggro and decent but overaggro in the wrong spots and definitely capable of realizing his position and concepts like isolation etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you believe he is "definitely capable". I mean you bolded the words, so there must be some specific instance that jumps to your mind that makes you this sure. I am just wondering what made you sure enough to bold your words as if there can be no doubt about this read.