Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Turn check on a flopped set??? (Round 2)

ok i'm gonna repost something i put up last night. i'm interested to see what people think of this line, but all i got late last night was a few insightful responses and some donk logic about how i should never fold a set under any circumstance. by the way, if it isn't already, i suggest 'donk logic' be added to the lexicon. you know, when you go all in preflop with Q's, are called by KJ off, lose, then get the explanation of what a good call it was because it was "obviously" a coin flip. but anyway, i apologize for the repost in advance:

alright dudes, the turn is the street in question. let me know about this one...

100nl Empire (6 max)

Villain is on button (~$130 stack) My read on villain after 200 hands or so is that she (nothing sexist....just saying...) is pretty donkish (calls when she should fold, raises when she should fold, etc.) basically pretty loose/stupid
Read on BB is that he's main some solid moves, probably a winning player (~$250 stack)

Hero is dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG (~$150 stack)

Hero calls blind UTG Note: usually, i raise with medium to small pp's, but this table was pretty laggish, so i sometimes like to call the blind and wait for a raise behind me to switch it up

MP calls $1
Villain (Button) calls $1
Folds to BB, who raises to $5, hero calls, MP folds, button calls (3 to the flop)

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($16.50 in pot)
BB checks Note: i'm very suspicious by this check. i've never seen BB not put in a contiuation bet

Hero raises $10, button calls $10, BB calls $10

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($46 in pot)
BB checks, Hero checks Note: alright, this was interesting. i was real suspicious that BB was setting up a bigtime c/r with KK or QQ, so i figured i would try to get villain to bet and wait to see what BB would do. if BB pushes behind villain, i might be able to get away from that hand...
villain raises to $20, BB folds (hmm, looks like BB had JJ or something) hero raises to $70, villain calls $70

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($185 in pot)
Hero puts villain all in (for roughly $45 more), villain calls

how's that turn check? donkish considering the flush draw board? let me know.

--solids