Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Poker Abroad - spec. Japan

I am moving to Japan for a year, possibly longer, for participation in an exchange program. Of course, I was planning on playing poker online. The only relevant thread that I could find is this

Poker Abroad Thread

I got the impression that playing abroad isn't too hard even if the country is blocked.

After calling Neteller as advised in the thread, I was informed that I would have to close my American Neteller account, and set up a new one, from Japan, with my Japanese living info, and connected to a Japanese banking account. Has anybody else had to do something similiar from Japan or another country?

I called Party Poker, and they informed me that I would not be able to play from Japan as the country is blocked. In the above link a couple people mention methods of getting around this. If you do not want to make this information public, could you PM me the details?

Are there any major poker sites that don't block specific countries?

If I had realized it would be this difficult, I might have reconsidered my decision to move. However, I'm hoping I will be able to get around all of this.

thanks,
chris