Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Two hands, TTP, how would you play them???

3-6 on party

MY first hand, I post BB and am dealt A 10 off suit. It's four handed and I raise the minimum. Button calls SB calls. All stacks 500-650'ish.

Flop

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (I have no club)

checks to me, I bet $30 Button raises to $60 and it folds back to me and I call.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead for $100 and the button calls

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $300 and villain calls

What does he have and why do I feel like I f'd this hand up big time???

Second hand

5 Handed 6max

UTG limps, MP limps, I limp from button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], both blinds take a flop

(sometimes i raise here but i had seen UTG limp RR two orbits ago so i decided to see a flop)

Flop

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets $20 folds around to me and I raise to $50, SB think tanks and calls.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet $90, he raises to $180, I raise to $350 and hope like hell he doesnt call off the rest of his chips without the board paring aces on the river.

I'm limit-oriented, and dont play much online NL, and this turn play usually works for me live against small sets and baby flushes. Thoughts on how I butchered this hand welcomed. SB seemed solid enough, no stats for him though.

Tex
Old 12-27-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Two hands, TTP, how would you play them???

The first hand looks like he was semi-bluffing with an ace high flush draw and hit his ace on the turn. This is a tricky hand to play but I am a big advocate of betting scary boards if you feel you are good.
Pre-flop, I don't know what was with the min-raise but I would make it at least 3x BB.
On the flop the bet was large, which is ok considering the board. When you get raised you should probably just let it go unless you feel he is semi-bluffing in which case I call and lead the turn, which you did.
On the river I only bet half the pot on the river to entice the A high flush draw with a pair of aces to call. A smaller bet may also entice a 10 to call.
Second hand I would definitely raise preflop. On the flop I normally like to raise more to better tell where I am. On the turn you have to let this go unless you know how this player plays. If you know he would make this play often without the flush then it is ok.