Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Weird line by a tight opponent

Guy is like 12/12/5

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Weird line by a tight opponent

If it's higher than a Ten, bet/call the river. If it's lower, bet/3-bet.

I really don't think he has TT here. First of all, he can only have it three ways. Secondly, if he's that tight, would he really 3-bet TT with two limpers and a raiser with horrendous position on the rest of the hand? I'd be more likely to put him on AA or KK and he loves that the turn is still all undercards.

The ONLY thing that leans towards TT is the flop check/call. That makes ZERO sense.

Still, I maintain that if it's higher than a T, bet/call. Anything else, jam it.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:03 PM

this smells like AA, KK, or QQ. if its any on of those, bet/call...if anything else, i would cap it...your only beat here by tens..which, by the way he played it, i don't think he has.
cheers.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this smells like AA, KK, or QQ. if its any on of those, bet/call...if anything else, i would cap it...your only beat here by tens..which, by the way he played it, i don't think he has.
cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is an OP check/calling on a rag flop after 3-betting pf? I am just curious, and am still learning 6-max. These hands don't seem to jump out at me. I think its 99.

My reasoning for thinking 99 is he may be trying to make a play at the pot, or just doesn't feel hero has a T and he is ahead. A strong check/raise on the T when a ragcomes screams that he wants everyone out of the pot. This is the exact opposite of what would be ideal for top set. I cannot see him having TT. Even if for some weird reason he was trying to check-raise hoping someone on his immediate left would bet. A whiffed check/raise on the flop would mean he would lead the T.

I'm jamming the river. ^_^
Old 08-03-2005, 10:18 PM

The [censored] moron check called his nuts on the flop. THe river was like a 2 or something and it went bet raise 3bet call. I hate you party poker. I hate you.

Nothing I could do. Just thought it was a weird line.