Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-26-2005, 06:41 PM

Default overplayed? KQs

opponent reads:
vpip/pfr/af/hands
BB 63/5/0.63/57
UTG 50/0/0/4

Converted at PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $0.10/$0.20 Stakes (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero raises, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Big blind calls, UTG calls

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Big blind checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Big blind calls, UTG calls

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Big blind checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Big blind calls, UTG calls

River: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Big blind checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $1.5

Results not shown
Old 12-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: overplayed? KQs

i actually dont know whether to bet the turn or not. when i check usually the last guy bets just to piss me off, and when you are going to call betting is probably better. But then you can get raised and be forced to call. Maybe someone smarter than myself can answer.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:46 PM

Check behind on the turn.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:48 PM

i think i could still be ahead on the turn, say 1/5 of the time, and the rest I definately have the most outs.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:55 PM

Even if you are ahead 1/5 of the time, you're putting in 1/3 of the money on the turn assuming they both call. You're still drawing to a hand here and if you whiff completely, you're calling down with K high.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:55 PM

My play is based on the fact that at micro-limits, no matter how many outs you have, players are going to call w/ all sorts of hands - even a naked ace that doesn't have a pair yet is ahead and a favorite over your flush draw/overcards. I like the flop bet, but when you miss on the turn you should check - mostly because betting is not likely to win the pot, and that you are in with two other players who have shown interest in this ragged board. Also, players here are more likely to be playing straight, and will check hands that are not top pair, and will gladly check if they have a draw as well. You almost always need to show down the best hand at micros, so i'd lean towards checking. On the river its unlikely you'll be able to bluff them out, so check like you did in hopes for a free showdown.

If you were heads-up, I may fire on both streets, but again that depends on my read - if he's tight i'd be less likely to bluff the river if he calls the turn, and if he's a calling station I wouldn't waste my money.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually dont know whether to bet the turn or not. when i check usually the last guy bets just to piss me off, and when you are going to call betting is probably better. But then you can get raised and be forced to call. Maybe someone smarter than myself can answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
check the turn, silky.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:54 AM

I play it the same way. I suppose you could check behind on the turn also if you think they're calling down with some raggedy pair.

BBB
Old 12-27-2005, 01:11 AM

seems fine to me. The Turn bet, I don't know if you're gonna force out two players with those stats, so maybe that should have been a check, call.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:47 AM

Check the turn, check behind or fold the river UI.