Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-17-2005, 08:57 PM

Default deep 3/6 hand. short handed

Hey Med-stakes.

I'm trying to post more hands now the forums have split to see how my game rates up. Some are pretty standard but all comments are welcome.

Four players. I have 250bb, two shorties and villian who seems good. We've been playing quite a few hands together without betting into PRF, basically picking off bluffs and keeping pots smallish. Villian has about 230bbs.

I raise 3bb UTG with QTc, he calls from the sb. bb folds.

flop 9c 6c 5c pot 7bb

he pots, i call.

turn Qs pot 21bb

He pots, i call.

river 8s pot 63bb

he checks, i check/bet how much?
Old 12-18-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: deep 3/6 hand. short handed

no love?
Old 12-18-2005, 03:42 AM

why not raise somewhere along the way?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:21 AM

Definitly raise the flop, since you didn't I would bet full pot on the river. (Reason: A flop raise looks a lot like AcX looking to gamb00l or an big pair with a club, you'll definitly get action from a set lower flush ,and you want to build a big pot here)Ø
Old 12-18-2005, 02:09 PM

I didnt raise anywhere in the hand because imo the stacks are difficult. Any club or pairing of the board make this difficult to play, plus villian is good so if i raise i'm opening myself up to a big decision. He could well have a set, the Ac or be beating me with a flush.

I bet the pot on the river, am i folding to a raise?
Old 12-18-2005, 02:24 PM

Man, you have to raise at some point. Come on. Dont play deep stacked if you're goign to be this passive with a flopped queen high flush. Your justification for not raising flop is becuase he might have A-clubs or a set? So you're going to let him dictate the way the hand plays out because he might hit his 7 outer to a flush or his 7, then 10 outer to quads or boat? Jesus God.

Raise the flop, he'll call with A-clubs. IF you really wanna flat call flop and try to be tricky, then raise the [censored] outa that safe turn. I prefer raising flop. If he has set he gives action. If he has two pair he gives action. If he has overpair he gives action. If he has A_clubs he gives action, and you're MURDERING all these hands.

ALSO if you raise flop and your scare card comes on turn. most players will check to you here. Now if you're that scared, you can check behind and make your decision when he fires river.

As played, the pot is embarassingly small given your hand and the way the board fell, but just fire pot and hope he's got something. Unfortunately for you he has the Ace of Clubs and isnt going to call your bet.

I thoguth I was done but i have to add that I cant IMAGINE what it is you need in a hand to raise? Becuase honestly you'r eprobably better off long run wiht the Q-high then A-high flush here. WHy? Becuase if YOU have the A-high flush then you cant get action from people chasing with teh A-clubs, and now youre stuck tyring to get sets to call down, but here you should ALSO be scared of another club because on a fourth club even SETS can get away. Get your money in the pot.