Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 03:43 PM

Default On second thought...

While folding some laundry, this hand stuck in my mind. Here's why:

I'll say that one of them is on a flush draw. Not both. Maybe neither, but I'm not counting on that. So let's say we check. If Button checks, free showdown. I'm not convinced we win, as SB could have been attempting a c/r.

But what if Button bets? Either he has the flush, or he thinks that Hero's and SB's hands aren't as good as they were pretending. We can't tell. Then maybe SB checkraises. He could be checkraising the nut flush. Or he could be thinking, "Well I have a good hand. I was only afraid of Hero. But now he checked, and Button is just taking advantage of that." Now we're stuck with it being two back to us, and we MIGHT have the best hand.

Now I'm thinking I like the bet here. It keeps us in control. It's a bad spot to be in, but checking could put us in a worse one. A raise after our bet gives us a much better idea of where we are than a bet after our check.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: On second thought...

[ QUOTE ]

Now I'm thinking I like the bet here. It keeps us in control. It's a bad spot to be in, but checking could put us in a worse one. A raise after our bet gives us a much better idea of where we are than a bet after our check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you advocating a bet-fold?

Krishan
Old 07-31-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: River bet...

Hero bets, Button raises, SB folds an overplayed Jack, Hero calls, and loses to a flush.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to, but at that point, depending on where the raise comes from, you're getting nearly 20:1. I would really really want to fold (unless I've seen the raiser raise scare cards before), but I don't think I could do it.

Here's my problem: If we check it and it's two back to us, we have less of an idea where we're at, and worse odds to call. If we bet out and get raised, we're pretty sure we're behind, but the odds to call are wonderful. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Of course, a fold to a Button raise and a SB 3-bet is a given.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this depend heavily on the raiser's aggression factor? I think against any non-LAG, bet fold sounds pretty good. Against anyone with AF at over 2.0, I'm gonna bet-call.