Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Betting dummy OESD

This is like my 5th hand at table.
Btn sucks. 75/12/38 with af: 0.4/0.7/1.4
No read read on SB. Raised PF couple times. No signs of horribleness or greatness.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 12-26-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Betting dummy OESD

Three bet the river, call down a cap, lots of guys love to wait until the river to raise with a lone 9. Much more likely than T8 or a boat.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:47 PM

I would not listen to this man. You played it fine. You probably lost though, given button's passive.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:48 PM

Looks OK to me. You're probably beat by the bigger straight, but he'll show you trips more than 1 in 9 times.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:53 PM

So the flop &amp; turn bet are fine?

My thinking on the flop was a bet would take it down. I probably would have slowed down on the turn, but the 9 was a great scare card, so I bet again. How's my train of thought?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:15 PM

The turn bet is fine with me. It's not a particularly strong open-ender because the high end is vulnerable to a higher straight, but the nine looks scary to anyone that doesn't have one, so you might take it down right there. If you drop one of the two on the turn and the river doesn't come in for you, it's likely an auto-bluff there.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 PM

I really don't like the flop and turn bets here. Why do you expect to fold both the 75% VPIP fish and the complete unknown SB when you'll likely get a free card to your 3 clean and 5 tainted outs?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the flop and turn bets here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the flop and turn bets here. Why do you expect to fold both the 75% VPIP fish and the complete unknown SB when you'll likely get a free card to your 3 clean and 5 tainted outs?

[/ QUOTE ]My thoughts at the time were, SB checked so all I had to worry about was the button, who might fold, might call, but probably wouldn't raise. I'm not sure how to interpret a 38 wts, but I figured that wasn't so high that a bet might win it often enough.

I was going to give it up, but I thought the turn was a great scare card.

I'm not a 100% sure about my play, and the first couple of replies make it seem if it's ok. I'm not staying I think it is, but I'm not saying I think it's not either.