Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Already had it, huh? WTF is his thought process? Bay 101

This is a hand from the Bay 101 20/40. This hand is driving me crazy... every part of it except for how *I* played it, though if you think I blew it, lemme know.

I open raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and am coldcalled by a guy whose mission in life is to cold call my fairly TAGish raises. The big blind calls, and we're three to the flop.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Note on the BB: he's the type of guy who once he's decided to check with the intention to check raise, he won't deviate, unless it's 3 bets back to him. IOW, he thinks... but what he thinks, sometimes I have no idea. I get, cold call guy calls, and here comes the checkraise. Both call.

Turn is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB bets, I raise, cold call guy fold. He thinks for a split second, and seems somewhat perplexed, then calls.

River is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], putting up a 4 flush. Every better hand calls, and IMO, the only worse hand that has made it this far that can pay off is KJ/KT no spade, and even those are unlikely. He tables 77 for the full house, and says "You already had it?" as I instamuck, though it's as much a statement as a question.

I just don't get it. The only hands that likely could have already had it were AJs and ATs, and those became less likely by the way I played the flop. I realize that most opponents have warped logic, but his "You already had it" comment just stuns me. Assuming it was a question, was he calling the river looking to fill? Was he really poor enough of a player to assume that turn raise equals a made flush. Oh well, his not 3 betting the turn is (thankfully) par for the course in 20/40s out here, but this hand leaves me baffled.

Dan
Old 08-13-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Already had it, huh? WTF is his thought process? Bay 101

i cant understand a word you just said.
BTW/ arent you playing AQs, AJs, ATs like this every time? i take it you are mad he didnt threebet the turn? you hate money? you expect live 20/40 players to be good?
id say about 95% of them are even worse than you...
Old 08-13-2005, 07:53 PM

You're right, my post wasn't particularly articulate. Lemme cut to the chase.

Obviously, I'm glad he didn't 3 bet the turn. Shockingly, I like when opponents don't make me make somewhat tough decisions. Also, the intent of my post was to ask: How can a guy who was genuinely shocked that "I had it on the turn" not have 3 bet the turn.

Dan

P.S. This is an aside to the point of my post, but based on some of your horribly flawed responses to mid-high posts in combination with my PT/Statking stats, I have almost no questions that I beat a 20/40 to 40/80 for more than you. Just because my post was shitty wasn't an excuse for that shiteating remark.

I can't help it that I play better than I post. If *you* post better than you play, then Lord have mercy.

[ QUOTE ]
i cant understand a word you just said.
BTW/ arent you playing AQs, AJs, ATs like this every time? i take it you are mad he didnt threebet the turn? you hate money? you expect live 20/40 players to be good?
id say about 95% of them are even worse than you...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:25 PM

you are the best.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:02 AM

Wow. Villain's play in this hand reminds of this hand I played like 20 years ago.

So, tour in 86.

There is this small band playing warmup up for us. I cant even remember their name. They werent that great, but, in '86 everything else sounded like crap when were rocking.

So, anyway, the band's bassist has his girlfriend on tour with us. She's aged 19. Nice ass, fantastic-sized shelves, and legs up to her ass. One night the bassist isnt feeling great and tells her to go out partying with us.

Many tequilas later, I'm in a cab with her. And this girl wants to get a lift with me and this nympho. There I am, back of the cab, both of them with their laughing gear round the pump-action rifle. Got back to my place, two hours sleep, yeah? Next day, I bump into the bassist, he's feeling better, and we do some coke. He says to me, ''You look [censored] faced.'' I told him he looked had a cup of soup and a whack.

Anyway, it turns out the guy turned a flush and never raised.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:09 AM

Getting 9.25 to 1 you're suprised he called trying to fill?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:15 AM

What do you do if 3bet on the turn? Probably behind, but w/ good pot odds to improve (although you could be drawing dead). fold or call down? also, if you improve, do you bet/raise river or simply check behind or call?

journey rules
Old 08-14-2005, 01:23 AM

Does bison's hand converter translate hands in Swahili?

-ActionBob
Old 08-14-2005, 01:46 AM

Dear Neal,

My head hurts after trying to read both of DanS's posts. You've rocked harder and longer than almost anyone on the planet, what drugs should I take to forget about this post forever?

-Recliner
Old 08-14-2005, 02:00 AM

Why did you not 3-bet the flop?