Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: A State of Massachusetts

Some good points.

However, the goons from Massachusetts use the 'warning' for more than just a warning, this is obvious from the text, they had to sermonize (there is a lot more that I could say about this attitude but I will leave that to others). The warning by the State of New Jersey is simple, straight forward, and fulfills the need of the law, in my opinion, and does not contain all the extra blather and propagandist hooey that the State of Massachusetts felt compelled to waste paper on.

And further more, in my opinion, there are not enough suicides in the United States. We need more suicides, not less. You forget I’m a misanthrope.

So just for emphasis, I restate: FU*K the State of Massachusetts and the Criminal Goons that infest their State Legislature.

All in good fun mind you.

Le Misanthrope

PS. Thanks Ben, great post. I'm off to shoot my new .22 Ruger Rifle. This PS also serves as a notice of my activities incase the State of Massachusettes requireds it by law or by some other obscene regulation.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:47 PM

Now, now, John. We libertarians may not like taxes, but above all we believe in the rule of law. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 05:50 PM

I don't know what's more bizarre, the fact that Massachusetts has had a Republican governor for better than a decade or that the State's Democrats don't consider the post of Governor important enough to not run a total idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 06:46 PM

Yeah it is sermonizing. Suicide is the leading cause of death for teenagers, though. I don't believe that we should all have to live by laws constructed so even fools, the mentally disturbed, and children will be perfectly safe, myself, because that lowers us all to the status of fools, mentally unstable, and children.

But I do think a bit of crap is appropriate for gun owners to go through. I can't tell you how many times I've been to shooting ranges where people are NOT keeping their guns pointed downrange, but are waving them all over the place, sometimes even in sight of signs saying not to do so and with the range owners and employees looking on. Hunters wind up shooting each other and homeowners every year. Frankly, I think the average gun owner is an a__hole, just like like everyone else, except with greater consequence. It reminds me of everyone being able to have a driver's license, despite the fact that so many people are oblivious, aggressively stupid, and careless and are put in control of an item that can easily kill many people and do it quickly. I wish I could pick and choose who gets cars and guns, but I can't; so I do wish people would have less confidence in being "good drivers" and "safe gun owners" than they seem to, and really think about what they're doing a little more.

Most people aren't stupid, although they may be careless, but soooo many are. A little lecture by the government, whatever -- anything that gets them to slow down and actually THINK...can't hurt. The rest of us can just read it through quickly without moving our lips and get on with being as careful as we already intended to be in the first place.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:00 PM

Rhode Island, too, seems to follow this principle.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 PM

Blarg,

That's two intelligent and enjoyable responses. I have also seen and meet some real dummies with guns. Not a pretty sight I admit, but one we all must live with least all our freedoms whither and die or are taken away by the likes of John Cole and Andy Fox - who, for some odd reason, are being unreasonably and obnoxiously civil. They are irksome creatures and one must keep an eye out for their cloaked and gentlemanly conduct.

On the other hand, this is very old ground trod over in the past ad nauseam and we all tend to agree that we disagree and that Ray Zee, HDPM, Ben, Zeno, et. al. are 100% correct about all the gun issues, so they graciously let my posts stand as beacons of freedom and hope for all. Very wise of those two. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno
Old 11-28-2004, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. While composing the above screed, I listened to a newly purchased CD;'The Best of Charlie Parker', really some great stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of Charlie Parker CD's with similar titles. Was it this one? That was my most recent CD purchase along with a copy of Emmylou Harris' "Wrecking Ball", both in a bargain bin for under ten bucks.

~ Rick

PS Yeah, Massachusetts and Rhode Island state laws suck, but things aren't much better here in California.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Wrong forum

Please let's not contaminate the OOT forum with politically-charged posts.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:31 PM

But RI has a Republican Senator who's more liberal than many Democrats.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS Yeah, Massachusetts and Rhode Island state laws suck, but things aren't much better here in California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that "liberals" are anything but liberal in granting personal freedon to their fellow citizens? Minnesotans are still considered to be too irresponsible to be trusted to buy beer on Sunday, or in grocery stores.

My conclusion is that liberals, particularly those in government, are elitists who profess their love and respect for "people" in the abstract, but distrust actual "persons" in the real world. People are great, individuals are rude, ignorant, and untrustworthy.