Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 02:35 AM

Default turn play with kk

6-handed 0.5-1 game.
I have 95$, utg has me covered and co has about 60$.

Utg and co limps in, I bet 6.5$ in sb with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], bb fold, both limpers call.
pot 20.5$

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet 16$, utg calls, co folds. pot 52.50

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I check, Utg bets 21$, I push for 51$ more.

Like it?
Old 06-09-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: turn play with kk

I think that's pretty straight forward. He's not betting out with a full house. Any other hand would be unlikely from his possition (AA-without reraise, 2x, or 34). I'm guessing this goes bad, though. What happened? He must hit a flush or an Ace. I'm sure you were good on the turn, though.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:31 AM

Not that I think he would bet out with AA, 2x or 34...but he did bet with something (flush draw?).
Old 06-09-2005, 09:06 AM

I'm not sure I like it but maybe it's above me; I don't checkraise much at all.

The turn check risks getting checked through and giving a free card to a flush or straight draw. BUT since Villain opened UTG and called your pfr, he's unlikely to be on a draw. So OK.

So you check to induce a bluff from a worse hand? OK, and maybe TT figures you were just continuing on the flop and actually whiffed your AK, so he tries to take it down, and you pounce. But would TT call a modest bet anyway? Probably.

So what worse hand will call your flop bet and bet the turn? Or was there a different purpose that I missed?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:12 PM

Everything actually was just fine. Villian called showing 76o, good for him, and the river even brought another K which I guess I could have saved for another time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
I had villian on more or less any mid-high pp/set but ofcourse a flushdraw was possible. In this case I still think its most likely I am facing a two outer who very likely will fold to a decent turn bet so I thought it was a good time for a cr.
Im not all sure about river play if checked turn and a flushcard on the river but I guess I would check call a smal bet and fold to a push without a read.
Thanks for the input.