Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand.

[ QUOTE ]
If I simply push the flop he MAY not be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I was advocating a call instead of a minraise (not a push instead of a minraise).
Old 04-08-2005, 01:02 PM

Ghazban but this way I can (Try) and shut out the CO in case he has spades AND build a pot thats sure to get him all-in.

It serves dual purposes.

Like I said this is not a standard hand.

The minraise IS quite effective in making fish make bad decisions. I suspected he would push and I would call.

He called and then pushed a blank turn in some vain attempt to bluff. Like I said he was tiltsanity/.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Old 04-08-2005, 01:11 PM

With these stacks, I don't think you can do all the things you're trying to do (get all-in vs. tilty, shut out CO if he's on a flush, let tilty be the one to push the money in). Your minraise didn't shut out CO (and if he's the calling station you've made him out to be, you should know that a minraise won't be enough to push him off a spade draw); all it did was pot commit all three of you now without putting the money in.

I don't necessarily think you played this horribly or anything; I just think there are better ways to do it. If you don't mind CO coming along, call the flop, turn, and river (assuming that puts everyone in). If you want him out, make a real raise on the flop and get it all in then. Tilters are more prone to call all-in than when they're not tilting because they take it as an insult to their manhood or something (the "you can't push me around just because I'm losing" mentality) so he probably wasn't going anywhere anyway.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:13 PM

I think some of my thoughts on the turn dealing with the CO are being confused with the flop thinking.

On the flop I make a bet which attempts to punish a Flush or overcard draw enough to make it incorrect to call.

By the time the turn comes the pot is huge there is really now way to force out any decent draw here so I simply call and take my chances with an A or K or spade hitting someone
while taking the extra money an underpair will give.

In retrospect a push might have been preferrable.

Like I said the guy was a calling station so Im not SO intent of driving him out if he has an underpair.

Does that make any sense?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:23 PM

Fwiw ....

The CO flashes 99

PFR Ace high(no spades)

So I take it down. But I was about 60% sure I was a goner after that flop cold-call by the CO.

Odds are B^tch.