Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Stop-n-Go

Someone please explain this move to me like I'm 4 years old.

I think this refers to a situation when you are out of position, bet, get raised, call, then bet out on the next round.

After seeing this in a few threads, I have some ideas on why you might want to do this but don't want to bias the answers. So under what circumstances would you do this and why?
Old 11-02-2004, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Stop-n-Go

You've got it right. If someone bets into you and you raise, then he bets right out into you on the next round, you've been stop-n-goed.

I guess it's a way to keep from giving free cards, but I never understood what makes the "stop-n-go" superior to the "3-bet-n-go".
Old 11-03-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Stop-n-Go

[ QUOTE ]
You've got it right. If someone bets into you and you raise, then he bets right out into you on the next round, you've been stop-n-goed.

I guess it's a way to keep from giving free cards, but I never understood what makes the "stop-n-go" superior to the "3-bet-n-go".

[/ QUOTE ]

A 3-bet and go could work in limit, but probably not too often in NL, unless stacks are deep that 3-bet is usually all in, or close to it.

The stop and Go - is usually used with middle pairs either in a blind or EP. You just call the raise pre-flop and move all in on the flop.

Where the PFR would usually call your raise pre-flop with AK, if the flop comes Q T 6 - he might fold to your flop all in bet.