Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Got caught in a Lie. Need OOT\'s Help.

[ QUOTE ]
Apologize, explain why you lied, tell her that you will not lie to her again, ask for a chance to earn her trust back and then do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that but I feel like crap and I want to do more, It sucks because we don't get off work for till 5:00 and so I just have to wait to talk to her more.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did that but I feel like crap and I want to do more,

[/ QUOTE ]

Flowers and jewelry will help.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(she works so I finish up school)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what makes the situation [censored]. You need to make it up to her a little at a time, I dont think there is a quick fix for this one.

An "I'm sorry" along with flowers is always a good start, I think you should bust your ass this semester and get good grades as a way to make it up to her in the long run.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apologize, explain why you lied, tell her that you will not lie to her again, ask for a chance to earn her trust back and then do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that but I feel like crap and I want to do more, It sucks because we don't get off work for till 5:00 and so I just have to wait to talk to her more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts to earning back someone's trust. Do your pennance.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get her a real man.
~Justin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you felt you needed to lie... you don't love her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.

A little info on why you lied would be helpful. Was it just like you lied one day, and then the next, and then you had to lie about the next day to keep the first two under wraps, and then it snowballed? Without knowing why you fibbed about something seemingly trivial its hard to help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok maybe a tad extreme, but I saw a marrage that broke up about what way to put on a roll of toilet paper. If you felt you needed to lie to her about something as retarded as missing school there are some major problems. Why did you miss school? Are you not liking school and she wants you to improve yourself by school? Anyone wanta take bets there is alot more to this?
Old 09-02-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I don't know really why I lied. I think I felt like I had to lie because I really didn't want to let her down about not doing my part. (she works so I finish up school).

[/ QUOTE ]

Telling her exactly this will go a long way. Seriously. Apologize for this as well as the lying.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok so my wife just caught me in a pretty big lie, basically for the last week I have lied to her about how often I have missed class. Now we both work at the same place, on different floors. Needless to say she is pissed and pretty hurt. I feel terrible and don't know what to do. Basically I need ideas about how to make this thing right again.

Figure I could get a few serious responses in with the normal razzing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. How can you lie to your wife? That's just wrong. You are right to feel like crap.

Start with asking for forgivness, proceed to re-assurance it will never happen again and then move on to gifts.

Keep in mind you are fighting an uphill battle. Don't get defensive if it takes a little while.

If you cannot trust your spouse to be 100% honest with you, who can you trust? Of course she's hurt.

It will be easy for the idiots here to say "be a man" bla bla bla, but it sounds like you already know you have made a huge mistake so don't listen to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I have had the problem in the past where I kind of lie about trival stuff and I don't even know why. But besides the fact that I obviously have a problem.

What do you guys think I should do about this. We get off work at the same time but we are in two different cars, should I stop and get flowers or something like that or is that just stupid.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(she works so I finish up school)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what makes the situation [censored]. You need to make it up to her a little at a time, I dont think there is a quick fix for this one.

An "I'm sorry" along with flowers is always a good start, I think you should bust your ass this semester and get good grades as a way to make it up to her in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok so my wife just caught me in a pretty big lie, basically for the last week I have lied to her about how often I have missed class. Now we both work at the same place, on different floors. Needless to say she is pissed and pretty hurt. I feel terrible and don't know what to do. Basically I need ideas about how to make this thing right again.

Figure I could get a few serious responses in with the normal razzing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. How can you lie to your wife? That's just wrong. You are right to feel like crap.

Start with asking for forgivness, proceed to re-assurance it will never happen again and then move on to gifts.

Keep in mind you are fighting an uphill battle. Don't get defensive if it takes a little while.

If you cannot trust your spouse to be 100% honest with you, who can you trust? Of course she's hurt.

It will be easy for the idiots here to say "be a man" bla bla bla, but it sounds like you already know you have made a huge mistake so don't listen to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I have had the problem in the past where I kind of lie about trival stuff and I don't even know why. But besides the fact that I obviously have a problem.

What do you guys think I should do about this. We get off work at the same time but we are in two different cars, should I stop and get flowers or something like that or is that just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gifts are last and can be (in general) viewed as insincere (sp?).

It's all about discussion right now. Be humble and shameful.