Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you Think i'm paranoid or being cheated?
Paranoid 20 28.17%
Toss this cheater off the balcony! 51 71.83%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Cheating in School poll

I was just reading so stories about how creative some people are when it comes to cheating in school. Since I am willing to bet ALOT of people here have cheated in school in their lifetimes I am wondering if anyone has any funny stories about it.

I also planned on cheating on my SAT scores and knew how to do it as well but I didn't end up having to because my true score was good enough for the school I wanted to go to.

I don't know if this is cheating but I had a professor last year that gave out our English final for a 4 hour period and we could come and go whenever we wanted throughout the 4 hours. This was an open note/book test but it had 3 essays at the end that we didn't know what they would be, pretty standard. So as soon as he gets it I look at the essays, get up walk over to the libarary and search the internet for information regarding those 3, came back with the summaries in my pocket and aced the exam.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Cheating in School poll

I wrote a history paper for someone that I took $40 for back in 11th grade. Is that cheating? I didn't think so. It worked out well for both of us.

I looked at it as capitalism at its finest. He required a paper, I required cash. We did a transaction that was mutually beneficial
Old 08-12-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wrote a history paper for someone that I took $40 for back in 11th grade. Is that cheating? I didn't think so. It worked out well for both of us.

I looked at it as capitalism at its finest. He required a paper, I required cash. We did a transaction that was mutually beneficial

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say he cheated, but not you. He offered you $40 for a paper. You provided it. It's not your fault that he decided to turn it in as his own.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:04 PM

Never on anything major, but of course I've cheated.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say he cheated, but not you. He offered you $40 for a paper. You provided it. It's not your fault that he decided to turn it in as his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good way of looking at it, b ut I've also bought papers as well when I was too lazy to look at them, and I've sat there watching tv while the person wrote it. I see nothing wrong with it. It was just high school and it wasn't like I couldn't have done the papers myself. I know that it was cheating but I see nothing morally wrong with that. No one is harmed by it.

It's not like cheating in a relationship where someone gets harmed. No one really gets harmed in this except the place of learning, and [censored] them.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I did the same thing to keep a teammate eligible (not for money, though). I consider it cheating on both of our parts.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:07 PM

I once had a prof in grad school who graded term papers based on the number of pages, footnotes, and sources. (No, really!) Made no difference what you wrote in the paper, he just counted the number of pages, footnotes, and sources and graded you on the count.

I wrote my paper, took an incomplete in the class, found out the "correct" count, and made sure my paper had them, even if I had to "create" them.

Cheating? Yeah, but so was he.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:09 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

I can't even begin to tell how many times I cheated in middle and high school. I was but a lazy degenerate. I recall getting caught with my Word Clues book sitting in plain view on my desk during a vocab quiz, so obviously nothing too creative.

I never cheated on anything in college. I suppose I actually took that seriously.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:11 PM

Never cheated on anything ever.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:16 PM

Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?