Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Anyone here make any significant money betting on sports?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't think sports betting is worth it if money is your main motivation.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you'd be incorrect. Sportsbetting is the perfect way to make money providing you are diciplined and sharp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really disagree. under your assumptions poker is a much better way to make money. why put the time into handicapping games, and searching through dozens of books for better lines when you can play poker with rakeback or bonuses which nearly assure profit, even if you aren't considerably better then the competition?

If you have to wonder if you can make "considerable" money sports betting, then I tihnk there are much better ways to go about it, but to each there own.

Ken
Old 12-26-2005, 01:41 AM

Because IF (and it's a big if) you do have a small edge in betting sports, you can bet as much as you like to make as much money as possible. In poker the more you bet the harder the games get, and we are talking about significant money, which you aren't really gonna make while bonuswhoring 1/2 :P

There's bonuses in sports betting too. I'm pretty new to it, but all my bets are effectively juice-free by using bonuses and then betting arbs to finish the wagering requirements.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:59 AM

As you said, each to their own.

Sports is tougher to profit off, mainly because there isn't the info out there as there is for poker. For someone who knows what they are doing, sports is definately more profitable. Part of it is because of exponential growth (up to a point anyway), and partly because there are just so many ways to profit off sports.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:58 AM

I read at one point david sklansky made 100% of his source of income betting 4K a game...