Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Decision with AA 5-10 NL

Site doesn't support pokertracker, but I've played a lot with both villain's. Button isn't much to speak of, losing player.

Middle position is pretty tight. I've seen him flops many sets, and every single time, he c/r's all-in, no matter how big of an overbet that is. Effective stacks $1000.

Preflop: mp limps, hero raises to 40 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], button calls, blinds fold, mp calls.

Flop: ($135 in the pot) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

mp checks, hero bets $75, button raises to $225.

At this point I plan on pushing if mp folds, I've played too much with the button and know he isn't raising if he's ahead here. My range for him is 77-88 (yup), JJ-KK, AT, QJ, 78.

then. . . .

MP cold calls $225.

Hero??
Old 12-29-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Decision with AA 5-10 NL

if your read on him check-raising sets is good, then he's probably drawing. is QJ in his hand range for limp-calling from MP?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Decision with AA 5-10 NL

That was my first instinct yeah, but rainbow board thought he might switch it up.