Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 02:55 AM

Default SB offense

So the game is Party 1/2 short and I've been playing my ussual tight solid game. This hand came up around 40 hands in.

BB is 40/5/1 and Button is 60/5/1.

Button limps, I raise As9c, BB calls, and Button calls.

Flop comes brick brick brick, or 727 w/ two spades, I bet, call, call.

Turn is the 4c I bet.....
Old 12-27-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: SB offense

This is a pretty poor post. But I'd bet/fold
Old 12-27-2005, 03:47 AM

I've been trying to tone down my aggression, but I thought that this was a situation where I could try to pick up a pot with just ace high. It seems like the fish in these games pick up on all of the continuation bets and end up peeling cards with overs (or unders and no draw). This would be good if I got the pots heads up more often, but as soon as one fish starts peeling some kind of schooling effect takes place. Soon I've got pots four ways to the turn on dry boards.

I think I just answered my own question about why I've been running bad the last couple sessions. I need to pick my spots better, not look @ hands as if they occur in a vacuum, and adjust to only betting for value instead of fold equity when schooling starts to happen. Because when the schooling effect begins I no longer have any fold equity. Right?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:03 AM

Generally, a turn bet isn't profitable if you aren't HU but against 2 players who contribute to 1/2 of all flops and with a board like that then the turn bet is for value, imo.

Even more so since you'll never get raised off the best hand against these guys. (ofcourse the stats can be misleading, but they're all you have)