Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 09:49 PM

Default AK reraised on flop w TPTK

Reraiser is an unknown, pretty aggressive but hasnt had to showndown yet. Villian is loose, 80% VPIP over 50 hands, with 5% preflop raise.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Is the flop cap ok? i was trying to scare flush draws, maybe not immediately but if a blank falls on the turn maybe they give up facing the possibility of multiple big bets

Should i take the free showdown?

Q
Old 11-22-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: AK reraised on flop w TPTK

I think the action looks good, but the whole theory about scaring flush draws can be thrown out the window. You want to charge the flush draws full price for drawing. Building a bigger pot before the turn, is only going to entice them to call the turn. Against villian I like the river bet.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:07 PM

This looks okay to me.

SB's flop check/3-bet is scary, but he's not even in the hand anymore on the river, and the super-loose Villain could easily just have a worse king. I like the river value bet.

I think the flop cap is fine too, but I wouldn't raise SB again if he led the turn. And if he checkraised again on the turn, I'd expect to be losing (and possibly drawing dead versus a set), though I'd grudgingly call down, hoping to improve on the river versus, say, KT, and also hoping SB was overplaying a worse hand or had a draw like Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] that he loved.

Incidentally, though, I don't think your reason for capping the turn is very realistic. You shouldn't expect anyone with a flush draw to go away prior to the river.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:39 PM

I play it the exact same way. Looks good. If SB bets out on the turn go into call down mode.